Confirmed with Link: Molson Wants the Habs to Play Games in Paris - Possiblilty 2025-2026 Season

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Watch out for pickpockets.

Do they even have ice in Paris? I know you couldn't get any for your beverages when I was there.
I hope to God they look at the Senator's situation and realize having a team with 5 games in hand or so is not a good practice.
The Habs should insist on starting earlier in the season if they take this on.

Last edited:

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
I would love the Habs to play in Europe, we're long overdue. I remember they played there in preseason in the early 90's against a bunch of teams in Russia, Finland, Latvia, etc. They should target other countries especially Slovakia & Austria

Reactions: Pazucha

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Watch out for pickpockets.

Do they even have ice in Paris? I know you couldn't get any for your beverages when I was there.
They have a pro league so i assume they have ice. But as far as i know they are all low capacity like CHL arena so they would probably need to arrange something else.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
dumb... no need to go over there.. for what? marketing I guess
I think hockey would benefit from trying to expand a bit. Many countries where ice skating is popular but hockey is not are very food prospect for hockey. Not sure this is the role of the NHL though would probably be better for the IIHF to play that role but 20 years ago they decided that half the tournaments would take place in Canada to make lot of $$$$ which i personality think is sad.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
They have a pro league so i assume they have ice. But as far as i know they are all low capacity like CHL arena so they would probably need to arrange something else.
I wonder if they would consider some kind of outdoors game. We've seen games in California, Texas, etc... so it's certainly feasible, just a question of whether they would be able to draw a big crowd or not.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
No real surprise, the other sports are all doing it now, it's an easy money grab.There's an actual pro hockey league in France, so they might be able to find a decent fit in a good sized city/arena. Grenoble maybe? Do they still have the olympic rink from the 60's ? The Accor in Paris?

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
*All profit will go to the children foundation

I hope he offers a discount to the good people of France for a picture/visit from
YOUPPIII......MAYBE $149.99 and they can pay in 3 easy instalments .over a 2 yr period.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
dumb... no need to go over there.. for what? marketing I guess

Well, yeah, marketing. Pro sports are part of the entertainment industry after all and the NHL wouldn't turn down the opportunity to be more "global" and sell TV broadcast packages oversea...

Reactions: bcv

akratique

Aug 17, 2008
No real surprise, the other sports are all doing it now, it's an easy money grab.There's an actual pro hockey league in France, so they might be able to find a decent fit in a good sized city/arena. Grenoble maybe? Do they still have the olympic rink from the 60's ? The Accor in Paris?
My guess is they try to do something at La Défense, even though it's not for hockey: Découvrir l'enceinte | Paris la Défense Arena

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I was wondering if they had a good size rink or not???
Not a fan of this, but Geoff wants to go to Paris, I would imagine Gary will make it happen.....

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I was wondering if they had a good size rink or not???
Not a fan of this, but Geoff wants to go to Paris, I would imagine Gary will make it happen.....
I guess they can put a rink pretty much anywhere if it's a special event thing and there's enough of a buzz. There are quite a few stadiums in the giant metro area around Paris. Uncle Gary would absolutely be on board, probably spearhead the whole thing even.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Kinshasa is the most French-speaking city in the world, so if this is the goal, may as well go there. Hockey in the Congo, Geoffy would do it if he could make 100$

I suspect there's a lot more NHL interest in France than Canada, especially considering the Montreal's French diaspora.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I wonder if they would consider some kind of outdoors game. We've seen games in California, Texas, etc... so it's certainly feasible, just a question of whether they would be able to draw a big crowd or not.

An outdoor game in Grenoble would certainly be 100% feasible. Pretty sure they have a relatively big foot stadium there too. For a one time event they could probably attract a good crowd. One of my coworker is from there. Pretty sure they have a pro team in Grenoble too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad