Confirmed with Link: Molson Wants the Habs to Play Games in Paris - Possiblilty 2025-2026 Season

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Oh sure that justifies anything nowadays. They're not doing this for charity.
Perhaps it would be more beneficial if Molson focused on wanting the Habs to play in the playoffs which today is as a remote location as Paris. It would help grow the game in Outremont.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Drawing a crowd isn't really the point with this stuff, it's opening new markets, getting new money into the mix. It's what the NFL does a ton nowadays.
So how does this do that? Is France suddenly going to say yes this is what we need to pour money in to? Canada is a player factory for the league, throw some cities a bone, it shows a little appreciation.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
There is a major difference between the English/American comparison with the France/Quebec comparison in that the U.S. is every bit deserving of being looked down at due to half of their population being racist, bigoted, brainwashed imbeciles with the vast majority of their intellectual strength being isolated on the north eastern and west coasts. Quebecers are looked down at by many in France for nothing more than elitist snobbery and viewed as mongrels by many......the same thing even happens in Quebec with the pure laine nonsense.

You are correct about the English, just in a much lesser extent as I have had some annoying conversations with some Brits who do feel the need to "correct" our pronunciation on certain words despite the fact that within Britain there are many different accents and pronunciations of the same words. Much like anglophone Canadians imitate and poke fun at New York/Boston/Philly accents, it is mostly benign and just done for the sake of good humour.......copying the southern accents however, that is done with actual derogatory intent and I am all for it until they learn to join the civilized world lol.

Well I disagree with you on half of population of Americans being racists. lol But I think both the French and English view their Quebec and American counterparts as being not very cultured. Honestly sometime they may have a point. lol When I was a teenager I liked watching intellectual debates on French TV which is something we didn't have in Quebec. But France and England have their poorer less educated quarters as well.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Would be fun just to hear the play by play, and they could get Cristobal as colour commentater
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there has been more nhl players from France than brit players.I guess the Alps region of France being close to Swiss and Austria explain it. Or maybe french and brits are narrow minded, the brits being even more narrow minds, I don't know.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I love it, why not. Put some ice under the Effel Tower and let's go.

The difference between the French and Quebers is similar as the comparison between the English and Americans. There's always the impression that the French look us from up high, same as the English looking at Americans from up high. Sometime it's true, sometime it's just an impression cause of the posh accent that both the French and English have. But I really have nothing but good memories going to Paris and speaking to people there.
I'm from the UK and... we do 100% look down on the Americans.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Wait, what? He was calling out the French for having prejudices against the Québécois. Which is simply true. I don't know if you've ever spoken French with someone from France, but it's a f***ing annoying experience when you have a Québécois accent.

The idiotic thing is that accents are simply something you pick up culturally when you're young and learning your mother tongue. All the French I've met try to correct the different pronunciations as if their way of speaking is the correct and only way. Even the traveling Frenchmen are the same and have no tolerance for cultural idiosyncrasies. Yes, I know, I'm generalizing slightly.
Once a f** french of France told me we should say airelles du Canada when we say bleuets, wtf, bleuet is a word quebecers commonly use and there is no way we add 'du Canada' at the end of a word. Some french are so annoying and think they are the best of the world. Airelle (lingonberry) is a cousin of the bleuet (blueberry), not the same colour and not the same taste.

• Haha
Reactions: MonkeyBusiness

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Paris gotta be the grossest city I’ve ever been to, place is a shithole

I do not see how it appeals to people at all

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm from the UK and... we do 100% look down on the Americans.

As you should. 😁

Once a f** french of France told me we should say airelles du Canada when we say bleuets, wtf, bleuet is a word quebecers commonly use and there is no way we add 'du Canada' at the end of a word. Some french are so annoying and think they are the best of the world. Airelle (lingonberry) is a cousin of the bleuet (blueberry), not the same colour and not the same taste.

That's real World problems right there, bro. lol

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Hahahaha what an idiot. Comme tu dis des airelles c'est même pas la même espèce que des bleuets. Ça m'énnerve quand ils font des choses comme ça.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So how does this do that? Is France suddenly going to say yes this is what we need to pour money in to? Canada is a player factory for the league, throw some cities a bone, it shows a little appreciation.

Well, no. But it's a start from the current zero that they have right now.

It's the same reason why the NFL has played regular season games in London and Mexico city rather than Little Rock, Arkansas.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Well, no. But it's a start from the current zero that they have right now.

It's the same reason why the NFL has played regular season games in London and Mexico city rather than Little Rock, Arkansas.
The purpose is to eventualy increase the popularity of the NHL in France but I doubt it will work. French are not that stupid, they will search on internet the Habs ranking and they'll find this is a team who suck a lot. I think they prefer watching better teams. Knights, Bolts, Bruins, Avs or Kings would be better suited. And the very low number of french speaking players Habs have doesn't help too. There is a chance Caufield score beautiful goals, this slight chance can help boosting nhl games popularity in France. In France they show few nhl games on sport channel, example at 3 am. If you talk about hockey in France, you'll find very little interrest.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The purpose is to eventualy increase the popularity of the NHL in France but I doubt it will work. French are not that stupid, they will serch on internet the Habs ranking and they'll find this is a team who suck a lot. I think they prefer watching better teams. Knights, Bolts, Bruins, Avs or Kings would be better suited. And the very low number of french speaking players Habs have doesn't help too. There is a chance Caufield score beautiful goals, this slight chance can help boosting nhl games popularity in France. In France they show few nhl games on sport channel, example at 3 am. If you talk about hockey in France, you'll find very little interrest.

I look at it from a league point of view instead of isolating to one team. Molson might prefer france, but none of this can happen without league approval as it would be an event held by the league.

The idea is to get increased exposure globally, but it's a very slow process and it can't be achieved by coming somewhere once and never going back.

I remember when the league played games in Japan, then they played there again for the Olympics, but they never went back afterwards.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I look at it from a league point of view instead of isolating to one team. Molson might prefer france, but none of this can happen without league approval as it would be an event held by the league.

The idea is to get increased exposure globally, but it's a very slow process and it can't be achieved by coming somewhere once and never going back.

I remember when the league played games in Japan, then they played there again for the Olympics, but they never went back afterwards.
Agree. If it's not a sustained effort, it will not have an impact on the long term.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I mean, if the NHL decided it would send teams in Paris, it's a wee bit stupid not to send the Habs there, and for the Habs, well, that's pretty good way to court the future dwellers of the 18e arrondissement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad