Confirmed with Link: MoAr D-Canes sign Caleb Jones

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
This might not be a move for the active roster. You sign a guy in mid August for league minimum, it's not like said player was a hot commodity. Regulars on bad teams, especially on defense, are tough sells to teams trying to win, This is probably as much of a dice roll to see how he looks in camp as anything else. It could also be that maybe there's two defensemen on the block. I wonder if a team could be trading for Chatfield and trying to play him up the lineup. Pesce and Chatfield moving together?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Again, as far as Pesce and/or Skjei are concerned, the Canes have all of the leverage in those talks. If the trade market for a forward is still not to their liking by September, then they lose Coghlan to a bad team like Anaheim to waivers. Not that big of a deal.

From a handedness and playing style perspective, Jones is a much better fit than Coghlan as a spare.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Makes perfect sense to me:

Martinook-Slavin-Burns
Skjei-TDA-Pesce
Orlov-Jones-Chatfield
Coghlan

So, uh...

Jack Han, the guy advocating this experiment, is the same guy who puts out the book every year detailing every team's system. I bought his 2023 version and it is fascinating.

What if the Canes are about to moneyball the f*** out of the NHL by going to the 2F-3D alignment for at least parts of the game?

If there's any team that would try something like that, it's this bunch. If they should happen to hire Jack Han in the near future, look out for some absolute chaos.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
So, uh...

Jack Han, the guy advocating this experiment, is the same guy who puts out the book every year detailing every team's system. I bought his 2023 version and it is fascinating.

What if the Canes are about to moneyball the f*** out of the NHL by going to the 2F-3D alignment for at least parts of the game?

If there's any team that would try something like that, it's this bunch. If they should happen to hire Jack Han in the near future, look out for some absolute chaos.
Things that make you go hmmmm … this should be a good disco

Reactions: WreckingCrew

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
So, uh...

2460ce9372822ce30fdce0bde573a049.gif

For real though, I trust the guys in charge. And presumably Jones believes he has a chance to play here or he could try elsewhere at that price. We'll see if we have anything cooking soon.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
"However, not every NHL squad boasts the right mix of skaters to embrace the switch (i.e. teams with fewer than seven NHL-caliber defensemen)"

Those poor buggers.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I don’t mean to ask a stupid question but if Jones and Chatty play together would that be a milestone? Because we have to ensure we are clear on intentions, im not saying that was a motivation here. I was just wondering.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I don’t mean to ask a stupid question but if Jones and Chatty play together would that be a milestone? Because we have to ensure we are clear on intentions, im not saying that was a motivation here. I was just wondering.
No, we've had brothers play on the same line before.

1691720711714.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad