MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
GREAT match-up for Conor. Eddie is ****ing hittable... Only thing is Conor gasses, and Eddie has an incredible gas tank and can take serious punishment.

You HAVE to strip Conor of the belt though.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
GREAT match-up for Conor. Eddie is ****ing hittable... Only thing is Conor gasses, and Eddie has an incredible gas tank and can take serious punishment.

You HAVE to strip Conor of the belt though.

I thought Nate was the best possible fight for Conor when he was trying so hard to fight RDA too. Then, look what happened. Don't under-estimate the size/skill/experience of Alvarez. This fight will be great, and I have no idea what to expect.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I thought RDA was going to finish Alvarez within the first 3 rounds, look what happened there. Think Conor takes it, either way just hope it's a great fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That card is going to be crazy.

Wouldn't completely surprise me if they moved a title fight to UFC 206 instead of going with three title fights.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, Conor should be able to beat Eddie. A very winnable fight for him. Lucky that he's getting Alvarez and not Nurmagomedov.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Yeah, Conor should be able to beat Eddie. A very winnable fight for him. Lucky that he's getting Alvarez and not Nurmagomedov.

Lucky that he's not getting the most overrated fighter who has fought once in the last 2 1/2 years against a can?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Have a feeling Alvarez-McGregor is going to be a war.. and don't see it as an easy win for McGregor at all.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
I'm officially bored of McGregor. Excited to see Wonderboy and Joanna though.

Edit. Just noticed Romero-Weidman was confirmed to be on the card. Wow. Stacked. Imagine if Lawler-Cowboy was still a thing.

Last edited:

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
RDA has never failed a drug test man, come on.
Didn't have to. He went from being an average fighter who got dominated by one-dimensional Khabib to an absolute beast right after. Cardio for days, strong chin, KO power, completely new fighter.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm glad they got the Weidman deal done and have him on the card as well. He had to be on the first NY card.

The Khabib fans aren't too happy today and it could get even worse for them if Conor wins. Conor gets what he wants and there's fights out there that'll make him more money than Khabib. Nate's coming off a loss but imagine their third fight being for the LW title.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
So Dana and Co. gave in and gave him what he wanted after all :laugh:, very winnable fight for Conor, but never count Eddie out. Conor's smart though, Eddie is definitely the easiest route to that second title.

Also, Dana said Conor will relinquish a belt if he wins. Which I tend to believe, he's never going back to 45.

Edit: just read they are working on Johnson vs Khabib for 205 as well. Wow, automatic #1 contender fight??

Last edited:

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I feel like Conor should do the opposite. Dominate the FW and go up for an occasional LW money fight like Silva did. There's just much tougher competition at 155, if his goal to preserve his record/legacy.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I feel like Conor should do the opposite. Dominate the FW and go up for an occasional LW money fight like Silva did. There's just much tougher competition at 155, if his goal to preserve his record/legacy.

That makes sense too, but I think he's put on too much mass this past year, the weight cut was brutal before, I don't even know if he could do it now. Plus, I imagine he's itching to prove he can beat guys the same size as him.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria

I'm pretty sure that's the plan too, depending on how this Alvarez thing goes. We'll see him back at 145 eventually. I'm sure the weight cut is a horrible experience, but $$$$$.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
The fight is pretty interesting. Kinda depends on which Eddie Alvarez shows up: The Eddie who moves around the cage & countered the **** out of a great pressure fighter like RDA or the Eddie who feels compelled that he needs to pressure rangy opponents like Pettis and Cowboy. McGregor is both rangy and a pressure fighter. I'm hoping McGregor brings the outfighter version of Alvarez aka best Alvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad