MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Good god after watching and listening Bellator, which was pretty entertaining,
I hope they UFC throw money at Rogan. Some people don't like him, ok, but god he is so much better than everything else out there.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't find Bellator announcers are that bad. Wheelock was good and I'm not sure why they got rid of him. Jimmy Smith I don't mind, he does remind a lot of Joe Rogan.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I don't find Bellator announcers are that bad. Wheelock was good and I'm not sure why they got rid of him. Jimmy Smith I don't mind, he does remind a lot of Joe Rogan.

The shaved head and "[insert fighter name], ladies and gentlemen" at the end of post-fight interviews.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This is just terrible... Repeat of Aldo.

Why are you training so hard 2 weeks from your fight that you can break your foot...

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
This is just terrible... Repeat of Aldo.

Why are you training so hard 2 weeks from your fight that you can break your foot...

I saw this happening. We arent allowed to be happy as MMA fans for long lol. We get Dada vs Kimbo and now this. Train smart not hard. I really wish some of them took this advice. This news really bummed me.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This royally screws up the UFC.

The plan was to have McGregor v Dos Anjos, and if McGregor won have him roll into UFC 200 with two belts vs Robbie Lawler.

Now, who knows. An interim fight does nothing.

member 51464

This royally screws up the UFC.

The plan was to have McGregor v Dos Anjos, and if McGregor won have him roll into UFC 200 with two belts vs Robbie Lawler.

Now, who knows. An interim fight does nothing.

Wait, was that a real idea from UFC or just fanboys on the internet? I don't think getting Conor murdered by Robbie is good for anybody :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This sucks but hopefully one of Diaz, Cerrone, or Pettis gets the fight. Apparently all three of them want it.

Missed opportunity for Aldo too. The guy demands an immediate rematch and says he's not fighting anyone else but then he says he's not in shape when they offer him the fight. It's short notice and it might not have even been for the 145 title but still, you know the UFC will remember that.

Maybe Conor can make history at UFC 200 instead.

Wait, was that a real idea from UFC or just fanboys on the internet? I don't think getting Conor murdered by Robbie is good for anybody :laugh:

I think it's a Conor idea and based on everything a few people in the media have been saying, it sounds like there was a real chance it could happen.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Yes, it's a real idea. No coincidence that they haven't announced anything at 145 or 170 coming up.

This screws up alot. I don't think Conor fights at 145 again regardless, they just wanted him to go for 3 belts at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad