MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You can see it in all his fights.

Even fight 2 against Mir, which he won, but he tends to flinch and duck and run backwards like a high school nerd as soon as the punches come at him. Even the feints. Everything you are NOT supposed to do.

Against Carwin it was more pronounced as soon as he took the first shot. Pure panic at getting hit in the face.

Its almost embarrassing that such a physical monster suddenly is wearing size 8 skinny jeans at the first touch of leather.

Brock needs to go to Thailand for a year and just get hit in the face every day until he learns how to roll with punches and not flinch.

Brock is past the point of being a legit MMA fighter, he's not going to Thailand or anywhere to take punches. He is what he is.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, I'd also lean towards no chance of that happening. They're not cutting Cirkunov after what would be two losses to guys currently in the top five.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Gastelum and Anderson have verbally agreed to fight at MW (in November I believe).

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
i dont really mind Snoop. He's an alternate option commentary, not the default commentary. No one is forced to listen to him. I find Grisham more offensive, he's c**p as an MMA announcer. Snoop is there for the lulz, Grisham brings nothing for me

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So people are switching over to the Snoop commentary so that they can complain about him?

I hate how whining and complaining is not only normal in society but is often beloved now. If you don't like something, don't watch it.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
So people are switching over to the Snoop commentary so that they can complain about him?

I hate how whining and complaining is not only normal in society but is often beloved now. If you don't like something, don't watch it.

I haven't watched any of the contender series.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Tony Ferguson vs Kevin Lee for the interim LW belt.

UFC continuing to toss interim belts like candies :laugh:

Good for Kevin Lee to get the big fight. Didn't really see him in the title picture, but his run is pretty solid.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/...in-lee-interim-title-khabib-mcgregor-mma-news

That's surprising. I don't think this is main event worthy for a PPV but I do really like the match up and I'm glad it's going to be five rounds. I figured they would've matched Lee up with someone like Barboza first but I don't mind this. The interim belt is meaningless so I'm not even worried about that.

How is Khabib still not ready to fight?

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
That's surprising. I don't think this is main event worthy for a PPV but I do really like the match up and I'm glad it's going to be five rounds. I figured they would've matched Lee up with someone like Barboza first but I don't mind this. The interim belt is meaningless so I'm not even worried about that.

How is Khabib still not ready to fight?

I believe they're trying to get Stipe vs Cain for that card.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Apparently it's been a mess to get high-end fights for that card, reaching a bit. Will be a fun fight with lots of trash talk buildup.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I believe they're trying to get Stipe vs Cain for that card.

That'd be a great main event but it doesn't sound like it's happening.

So far they've got Ferguson/Lee and Werdum/Lewis as the top two fights and a few other solid fights as well. Still missing that legit PPV headliner though.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Surprised to see Lee jump the line. The UFC is DESPERATE for marketable fighters in North America.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Surprised to see Lee jump the line. The UFC is DESPERATE for marketable fighters in North America.

Lee is definitely a marketable rising star for them but I think it's more so that they're desperate to fill these cards with good fights and want to get the division moving. I was surprised to see Lee get this fight right now but it kinda makes sense when you look at the division. The top seven are Khabib, Ferguson, Alvarez, Barboza, Gaethje, Nate, and Lee. Khabib and Barboza are apparently still recovering from a surgery/injury and Alvarez and Gaethje are fighting each other in December. I'd be shocked if they don't do the Conor/Nate trilogy in December for the LW title so Nate's out as well. That just leaves Ferguson and Lee as the two guys currently available.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Lee is definitely a marketable rising star for them but I think it's more so that they're desperate to fill these cards with good fights and want to get the division moving. I was surprised to see Lee get this fight right now but it kinda makes sense when you look at the division. The top seven are Khabib, Ferguson, Alvarez, Barboza, Gaethje, Nate, and Lee. Khabib and Barboza are apparently still recovering from a surgery/injury and Alvarez and Gaethje are fighting each other in December. I'd be shocked if they don't do the Conor/Nate trilogy in December for the LW title so Nate's out as well. That just leaves Ferguson and Lee as the two guys currently available.

You're right, I never actually looked at the top ten and where they were at. I think Lee has a legit shot at beating Ferg too. Ferguson is very hittable.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Damn. That was the fight I was looking forward to the most on that card. They'll probably just pull Ngannou now but I'd love to see someone like Lewis step in on short notice.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Damn. That was the fight I was looking forward to the most on that card. They'll probably just pull Ngannou now but I'd love to see someone like Lewis step in on short notice.

Lewis has Werdum, which is a much better match up for him lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lewis has Werdum, which is a much better match up for him lol

I'd selfishly like to see them pull Lewis from that fight so I can watch Ngannou/Lewis live. That's the fight a lot of people wanted them to make to begin with before Lewis lost to Hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad