MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Boy city moving a home game to Hartford is pretty much Christmas come early for us Red Bulls fans. Seeing the meltdown by the pretentious posers who support them just makes it even sweeter. I dare them to do their "U playe en JERZY we r NYZ reel temme lollz derp" routine after this.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
How are NYCFC fans posers, exactly?

Their team being only 3 years old is not a valid answer.

You're a Galaxy fan, right? When LAFC (Their fans:"We r teh reeeeel la club because carsun derp") comes into the league next year you'll get the answer first hand.

Also would like to add that any one member of LARS is a million times better than any zombie goat supporter.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Boy city moving a home game to Hartford is pretty much Christmas come early for us Red Bulls fans. Seeing the meltdown by the pretentious posers who support them just makes it even sweeter. I dare them to do their "U playe en JERZY we r NYZ reel temme lollz derp" routine after this.

Well technically aren't NYCFC the team of New York since NYRB play in New Jersey?

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Well technically aren't NYCFC the team of New York since NYRB play in New Jersey?
So do the Jets and Giants so unless there are a lot of Bills fans in their ranks the pretentious "we are New York's team, you play in Jersey" thing is a total crock.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Also anyone with any knowledge of MLS history could tell you there is a reason Red Bull Arena was built in NJ: It was literally the only possible place in the entire region where a soccer stadium could be built. Metro/Red Bull would've killed for a NY stadium but quickly found it would be impossible. Ironically boy city is finding out the same exact thing now. This is why the we're NY's real team is such nonsense, NY had a team for 20 years (as much as the Jets and Giants) and the boy city fans who flock to MetLife for gridball felt crossing a bridge to watch soccer was beneath them.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
You're a Galaxy fan, right? When LAFC (Their fans:"We r teh reeeeel la club because carsun derp") comes into the league next year you'll get the answer first hand.

Also would like to add that any one member of LARS is a million times better than any zombie goat supporter.

I honestly wouldn't hold it against LAFC fans if they want to use the Carson argument. I grew up in the LA city limits so I know where they're coming from. Plus, Carson is still in LA County so it's not like I root for the Anaheim Galaxy. I'm praying AEG gets a new stadium plan in LA but that's a far-fetched idea for now.

But I would let on-field performance do the talking.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Any thoughts on Alex Bono? Where do you guys see him on the US GK depth chart?

Don't think he'd be high on the list. Guys like Howard, Guazan, Rimando, Horvath, Johnson, Hamid are all guys ahead of him right now. And I almost forgot Jesse Gonzalez who is also probably ahead of him. After that you got guys who have been on the youth teams before like Steffen and Cropper. So even though he's playing well for Toronto right now, I dont see him over taking any of these guys on the depth chart

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
How the **** did NYRB not get awarded a penalty there? Wow, that was blatant. Got shoved in the back waiting for the ball to drop to him.

edit: and then NYCFC go down and score. I'd be livid if I was a NYRB fan lol

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
How the **** did NYRB not get awarded a penalty there? Wow, that was blatant. Got shoved in the back waiting for the ball to drop to him.

edit: and then NYCFC go down and score. I'd be livid if I was a NYRB fan lol
But those things happen. It's not like Mairufo had the option of going to VAR which has yet to be intro... oh.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Orlando has to be the worst team in the league, just pure trash all over the pitch these days.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Loons get their first road win of the season in Chicago!!

Nice to see Danladi with a brace, considering his recent struggles to finish and score goals. Sounds like we had a very nice away support section as well, saw some Fire fans complaining that our away section was outsinging their home section :nod:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sigi's half-year contract definitely seems like a good idea, I doubt either side wants to continue this Sisyphean ordeal.

Now if only we could fire the ****ing idiots running the organization like a damn frat house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad