MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I can definitely see Vela being LAFC's version of Gio...great when he wants to be, but hard to motivate. This LA rivalry is just going to become an arms race for the best Mexican players willing to play in the MLS, isn't it?

I'm just wondering when MLS teams start to realize that signing Mexican stars thinking they will draw is a bad idea? Mexican fans wouldn't **** on MLS if it was on fire, much less buy tickets. Literally the only Mexican player who I can recall being a legit draw was Blanco. Really just about all the ethnic pandering signings in MLS history had very little impact past their first game or two.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It's a play for the second/third/etc. generation fans...but there's still only so many of those to capture and I think the Galaxy had already reached their saturation point before the Jonathan signing, but I digress.

LAFC was always going to sign at least one major Mexican international and that makes sense, their most loyal fans out of the gate are going to be the few who stuck with Chivas USA to the end, but it'll be interesting to see how things go from here.

I moved a month ago and both neighborhoods within LA I've lived in sported 30%+ figures of Koreans, and the Galaxy have made a habit of playing Armenian teams in friendlies...you just have to wonder when we'll start seeing marketing pushes towards those potential fans. I'm just worried the Galaxy are so worried about winning over former Chivas USA fans that they're going to ignore the easier audience there is to convert and *snaps fingers* LAFC runs this city/league.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If only Orlando played with the type of energy they're using to get at the refs and red bull players they might make the playoffs once.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Kaka was sent off via VAR after playfully putting his hands on Collin's face :laugh: I guess letter of the law says he deserved to go but no common sense used either

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Kaka was sent off via VAR after playfully putting his hands on Collin's face :laugh: I guess letter of the law says he deserved to go but no common sense used either
I was there and live nobody had any idea what the hell happened. The ref could've just got on with the game (which barring an act of God was already decided) but we got a close to 10 minute delay for a ridiculous call. For that call the OC players had every right to flip out (although that doesn't excuse the cheap nonsense they also pulled late in the game). Sean Davis probably ends up winning goal of the week for the one that put it away.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I was there and live nobody had any idea what the hell happened. The ref could've just got on with the game (which barring an act of God was already decided) but we got a close to 10 minute delay for a ridiculous call. For that call the OC players had every right to flip out (although that doesn't excuse the cheap nonsense they also pulled late in the game). Sean Davis probably ends up winning goal of the week for the one that put it away.

It didn't help Kljestan was complaining every time he was touched. I don't watch the red bulls to see if that's typical for him but as the captain he wasn't helping the situation with his actions.

Orlando needs a new coach, they have a good collection of talent they just don't play well together. I thought Heath going would help things but I don't think Kreis is any better and the team surely isn't playing any better.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
It didn't help Kljestan was complaining every time he was touched. I don't watch the red bulls to see if that's typical for him but as the captain he wasn't helping the situation with his actions.

Orlando needs a new coach, they have a good collection of talent they just don't play well together. I thought Heath going would help things but I don't think Kreis is any better and the team surely isn't playing any better.
kreis sucks. i dont know how he had success in utah but his performance with nyc was brutal.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
kreis sucks. i dont know how he had success in utah but his performance with nyc was brutal.

Not sure how much say he has in transfers but a lot of the guys brought in haven't been good. Sutter, Toia and Spector have been good at the back but that's because of how bad the defense was so anybody brought in would be an improvement. Will Johnson has been great but that's expected as he's an experienced MLS player. They traded a decent player in Cerwin for MPG who they then let his contract expire, a extremely popular player in Shea for Barnes who's garbage, Gil was expensive and terrible now he's been traded. Dwyer is more a club pick than Kries. Not sure who's idea it was to trade Molino but that wasn't a good decision. He has made the defense better, it couldn't have gotten much worse though, but the offensive looks much worse.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Going to a historic US open Cup semifinal game, FC Cincinnati vs NY Red Bulls

The 40k arena is sold out, should be a blast of a game

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Pablo Mastroeni is gone, maybe the Rapids will be watchable now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Gonna be a fun final, gonna be there in the cauldron. It sold out in 2 minutes when tickets went on sale.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
OCSC stadium is nice...fans We ran into left much to be desired...weird game, thought ref lost control...happy to get a point on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad