OT: MLB Thread XXIX: Marcus Stroman is a.....Met???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Any Mets fans also Jets fans like me? Usually it goes hand in hand...you know Rangers/Knicks....Giants/Yankees...Jets/Mets.

Anyways reason I even brought it up is, Jets vs Giants preseason tonight and is on NFL Network for anyone who cares and lives out of town as I do. I know it's just preseason but I like to scout players for fantasy purposes and I want to see how my Jets rookies and team in general are going to look. Maybe Sam can toss a TD as well in the one or two series he'll play and make us all happy.
Yeah lots of us Mets/Jets/Rangers fans here. Unfortunately. LOL. We can all suffer together, anyway.

Deleted member 23124

Any Mets fans also Jets fans like me? Usually it goes hand in hand...you know Rangers/Knicks....Giants/Yankees...Jets/Mets.

Anyways reason I even brought it up is, Jets vs Giants preseason tonight and is on NFL Network for anyone who cares and lives out of town as I do. I know it's just preseason but I like to scout players for fantasy purposes and I want to see how my Jets rookies and team in general are going to look. Maybe Sam can toss a TD as well in the one or two series he'll play and make us all happy.
I'm one.

Reactions: Maximus

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
We should've dumped Andujar at the deadline. Dude has no future here and his value will be at an all-time low.

Reactions: romba

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
the mets really could use some depth and another bat off the bench assuming that the injured guys aren't coming back anytime soon. but it doesn't need to be a 2b just cause cano is hurt. it just needs to be a bat...if anything they need OF depth since currently 2 of the 3 OF each night are actually infielders

I'll buy what your selling. Your right...either an OF bat or a 2b would work and that's mostly due to McNeil's awesome versatility.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Wonder if the Yankees just got crazy lucky with these guys or they saw something others didn't

Between Voit, Urshela and Tauchman you have to think it's the latter

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
hitting being contagious is a real thing...and the lack of pressure of being in a lineup like that can't hurt either

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Seems like they have done better with their minor trades and acquisitions than their major moves over the past couple seasons.
The Yankees are very into predictive analytics and stats that can weed out undeveloped and/or unlucky talent. They can get very cute when it comes to undervalued players.

Sometimes, when it comes to filling a major hole, they get too cute. They need to just man up and get a legit ace, not another #2 who's "closer to a #1 if you look at such and such."

Not that those aren't valuable players, but we need an automatic win at the top of the rotation, not a top 25-30 starter.

Reactions: RGY

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

apparently this is fake news...they are building a temporary stadium near the field from the movie. so aside from a shot from the blimp (are blimps still a thing on tv?) it will look just like a regular game...I want to see guys blasting balls into the corn fields

Reactions: RGY and Maximus

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Cessa pitched well again tonight,giving them 3 innings to close it out.He's very quietly had a fine season for the Yankees.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Phillies lost.

Mets and Phils are tied.

Talk radio here in Philly land is going nuts right now. I love nothing more than when the Phillies and their fans have a meltdown.

Kapler needs to go. That guy sucks

The Mets have completely roped me in again. We will find out soon whether its a mirage, but I am already all in. Lets do this.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The Yankees are very into predictive analytics and stats that can weed out undeveloped and/or unlucky talent. They can get very cute when it comes to undervalued players.

Sometimes, when it comes to filling a major hole, they get too cute. They need to just man up and get a legit ace, not another #2 who's "closer to a #1 if you look at such and such."

Not that those aren't valuable players, but we need an automatic win at the top of the rotation, not a top 25-30 starter.
If they don’t go all in for Cole this off-season, I’ll be gobsmacked. He’s EXACTLY what they need.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not getting ahead of myself but, Atlanta plays 14 consec. VS the Nats and Phillies from Sept. 5-19........
AND last 3 of season vs our Metsies at Citi.

Imagine it all comes down to those last 3......ya' gotta believe!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Mets

Vs Nats
Home 5-2
Away 3-3
Vs Phils
H- 3-3
A-1-6
Vs Atl.