OT: MLB Thread XXIX: Marcus Stroman is a.....Met???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Basically impossible for it to be a bad deal for the Mets if they are only trading pitching prospects considering they don't even have any that are currently listed in the top 100.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Basically impossible for it to be a bad deal for the Mets if they are only trading pitching prospects considering they don't even have any that are currently listed in the top 100.

And their arguably top pitching prospect isnt included as well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah someone mentioned Simeon Woods-Richardson as a name, who was a guy that seemed like a big reach when they drafted him but threw a lot harder than most expected. Obviously there would have to be more, like David Peterson, but still, not irreplaceable prospects.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yeah someone mentioned Simeon Woods-Richardson as a name, who was a guy that seemed like a big reach when they drafted him but threw a lot harder than most expected. Obviously there would have to be more, like David Peterson, but still, not irreplaceable prospects.

There's a strong chance they will get something similar back for him next deadline if he continues to pitch at the same level and things go poorly for the team and they decide to trade him then.

Edit - scratch that:

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Honestly, whether you think it's wise for the Mets to be acquiring guys right now, it's hard to dispute that is a pretty damn good deal from a value perspective.

Also, IMO, Szapucki is still the best pitching prospect in the system. Recent draftees excluded.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
MetsRefugees is losing their collective minds over this deal. Kay looked a #3 starter at best. Not sure about SWR. My question is, does this mean a Thor deal gets fast-tracked?

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Good value, can flip him next year and tightens the SP market to where you maybe get better assets for Wheeler/Syndergaard

Reactions: nyr2k2

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I am slightly worried about a guy with a relatively low K/9 ratio and this defense, though

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Only thing is the Blue Jays infield D is also bad. Though not as bad of course. They have a good defensive SS.

Vlad has been atrocious at 3rd, probably weighs them down a bit.

Wonder what they are eyeing with Syndergaard. Praying it is a CF or a SS where they move Rosario to CF. Have to do something with that position.

I think once Frazier is dealt, McNeil is going to 3rd. Maybe Davis.

Reactions: egelband

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Vlad has been atrocious at 3rd, probably weighs them down a bit.

Wonder what they are eyeing with Syndergaard. Praying it is a CF or a SS where they move Rosario to CF. Have to do something with that position.

I think once Frazier is dealt, McNeil is going to 3rd. Maybe Davis.

I don't think I'd trade him baring some deal you can't pass up. If you can go into next year with a DeGrom Syndergaard Wheeler Stroman Matz rotation that is a great pitching rotation. Obviously Wheeler is in a bit of flux due to his contract status. They've already been an above average offense this year despite getting little from Cano, nothing from Cespedes, little from Nimmo etc. I'm willing to bring back a similar team and assume the bullpen won't be nearly as bad next season. Would certainly be nice to fix up the defense though.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good value, can flip him next year and tightens the SP market to where you maybe get better assets for Wheeler/Syndergaard
Good point--taking Stroman out of play for the rest of the league probably makes your guys more valuable. Hadn't thought of that, but it's an interesting angle.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
How do you go from trading away all your pitchers for prospects to trading away prospects for a now pitcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad