OT: MLB Thread XXII: The Mets Are Actually Undefeated In Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Hard to get on a 21 year old rookie being overwhelmed at times.You live and die with your best,and he was 1 of our best all season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Stanton is what he is. He homers or he's out.

There's no reason Didi, Torres, and Gary should be that. They're better hitters than that. That's coaching.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Bird imploding really hurt this team. Left handed power is a must in YS.

Hoping they don't just come to camp with just Voit and Bird for first base, and I like everyone else love Luke, but he's a guy in his late 20's who had a great month.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Hoping they don't just come to camp with just Voit and Bird for first base, and I like everyone else love Luke, but he's a guy in his late 20's who had a great month.
Who is available for 1B and LF? Preferably both left handed. Cashman needs to remember what stadium his team plays in.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I believe Machado will be a Yankee. I like it mainly down to the fact that Andujar at 3B severely hinders our team defense. Machado is arguably the best non-Chapman defensive 3B in the league. Defense was a big issue this season.

Andujar will need to re-learn playing 1B if he isn't traded for a high end ace like a Bumgarner/deGrom.

Cashman needs to do everything in his power to answer the Red Sox trade for Chris Sale. Elite farm system, need to do something big pitching wise to compete with the best team in the league.

If you can find a team trying to go full Padres, then dump Stanton's contract if you can. Don't need him as Hicks and Judge are better and we have high upside OFers coming through the ranks. Gardner won't be moved, he's a Yankee for life.

CC should call it a career. He'll go into the HOF as a Yankee. Could easily make another $20-30m if he wanted to though.

Try to re-sign Cutch if he comes really cheap. Move on from 1 of Britton or DRob unless they take discounts.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Who is available for 1B and LF? Preferably both left handed. Cashman needs to remember what stadium his team plays in.

The UFA market is terrible for 1st basemen, even like the vets on a 1 year deal. The Jays have an 8 million dollar team option on Smoak for 1 more year, could see if they decline that or if they look to trade him since I'm guessing they are rebuilding.

Could probably have Daniel Murphy fake first base, but his defense is absolutely hideous, and is older coming back from that bad surgery, really good hitter though.

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I believe Machado will be a Yankee. I like it mainly down to the fact that Andujar at 3B severely hinders our team defense. Machado is arguably the best non-Chapman defensive 3B in the league. Defense was a big issue this season.

Andujar will need to re-learn playing 1B if he isn't traded for a high end ace like a Bumgarner/deGrom.

Cashman needs to do everything in his power to answer the Red Sox trade for Chris Sale. Elite farm system, need to do something big pitching wise to compete with the best team in the league.

If you can find a team trying to go full Padres, then dump Stanton's contract if you can. Don't need him as Hicks and Judge are better and we have high upside OFers coming through the ranks. Gardner won't be moved, he's a Yankee for life.

CC should call it a career. He'll go into the HOF as a Yankee. Could easily make another $20-30m if he wanted to though.

Try to re-sign Cutch if he comes really cheap. Move on from 1 of Britton or DRob unless they take discounts.
Not a fan. We have enough .250 hitters.

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The UFA market is terrible for 1st basemen, even like the vets on a 1 year deal. The Jays have an 8 million dollar team option on Smoak for 1 more year, could see if they decline that or if they look to trade him since I'm guessing they are rebuilding.

Could probably have Daniel Murphy fake first base, but his defense is absolutely hideous, and is older coming back from that bad surgery, really good hitter though.
Murphy would be the second best hitter on our team.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Pretty big decision on Didi is coming soon that they need to discuss. Turns 29 in February, last year of arbitration, you paying him for his age 30-35 seasons, or is the smart move to trade him for pitching, and put Gleyber at his natural position.

I love Didi, been a really good Yankee, was an excellent Jeter replacement, but the Yanks have punted this decision off for a long time, and now are down to his last arb season.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Pretty big decision on Didi is coming soon that they need to discuss. Turns 29 in February, last year of arbitration, you paying him for his age 30-35 seasons, or is the smart move to trade him for pitching, and put Gleyber at his natural position.

I love Didi, been a really good Yankee, was an excellent Jeter replacement, but the Yanks have punted this decision off for a long time, and now are down to his last arb season.
I bring didi back and keep torres at 2nd.Thats an easy decision for me if im the g.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad