OT: MLB Thread - Part XVIII: Home Stretch for Yanks. Coup de Grâce for Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We are not getting Harper and Machado lol. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we land one.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Was a helluva ride.Guys have nothing to be ashamed about.We will be back next year ready and hungry and stronger.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
We are not getting Harper and Machado lol. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we land one.
It depends on how much ownership wants to spend. We know Harper wants to come to NY quite badly. The issue with him is where he fits. Machado is the easier fit, but who knows if he wants to come here. And there’s the fact we’d be spending $75+ million a year on two players, though we’d likely have them through their prime to around the beginning of their decline.

We could get both, but it’s no doubt expensive and we’d be going back to our evil empire ways.

I do think we could use one and ownership would be willing to spend for one.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
All a pitcher needs is a plus breaking pitch and the yanks couldn't touch 'em. McCullen kept throwing sliders at the end and dared the Yanks to try and hit it and they failed miserably. Hopefully the young Yankee hitters are better able to identify those pitches earlier and either lay off or foul off those pitches in the future. Bird looked the best of the bunch tbh.

And some of the umps this series were more favorable to certain types of pitches and pitchers which was very annoying.

Overall a solid and unexpected run all the way to one game away from the World Series. Ton of fun to be a part of and I hope they can improve in the off season and land home field next year.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Harper is also close to Bryant. Cubs have money. Dodgers write blank checks. Nats aren't cheap either.

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
I don't believe the best team won this series. Nonetheless, hell of a season. Good luck Houston....your gonna get swept.
Astros are a great team.We went toe to toe with them and just came up short.Nothing but proud of them and it was a great experience for all the younger guys.

Reactions: Revel

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It won't matter until we face good pitching again. McCullers could throw this team 81 sliders and pitch an immaculate game.

You are talking about Harper and Machado here.

But you are right we need more of Placido Polanco/Marco Scutaro types.

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
Castro needs to work on situational hitting in spring training,a few of them do.They have to learn it's ok to give yourself up to move a runner over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad