OT: MLB Thread - Part XVIII: Home Stretch for Yanks. Coup de Grâce for Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
They Yankees need to replace some of the black holes in the lineup with guys who get on and run well. If Gardner is cold, which he is in this series, literally nobody does it.

Which is why Headley and Frazier have to go.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I don't think the stage is too big for him.

But he does have to be moved because of Torres.

Well Torres could go to 3rd, as they've been splitting up his time in the minors, but I do think he's better as a middle infielder.

It's crazy that Todd Frazier is only 31, I mean it seems like the guy is like 35 or 36. How long do we keep him? There's no doubt he's been an incredible presence in the clubhouse, but his performance on the field hasn't been great. Do we look to sign Machado? I doubt we keep Headly beyond necessary, so what do we do about 3rd? Didi's great, Bird is our future 1st baseman, Torres can be either 2nd or 3rd.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
You will. Torres isn't quite ready.

Yeah, major changes are going to be made between this offseason and 2018's offseason. What and how, I don't know. But we need more SP and we could use some upgrades. We have an incredible core group that has gained a ton of experience this run, but there's no doubt we can get better in certain areas.

And the OF situation is funky.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'd rather just keep Castro instead of re-signing Frazier at market value. Gleybor/Headley can play 3B for now until Machado arrives in 2019.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I'm not saying it would be a terrible move, but Harper is going to take one look at that fence and become a .240 hitter like Giambi and Teixeira did.
Neither Giambi nor Tex were as good as hitters as Harper is. Not saying you’d be wrong, but Harper is far and away a more complete hitter than both.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Giambi was awesome as a Yankee.

That was one of the free agent contracts this team has handed out that worked out.

Frazier is the CF

He can't play CF, definitely not at YS.

He could barely play right when he played. I'd love to get his bat into the mix next year but I wouldn't be crushed if they used him as trade bait for another piece.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not sure Harper fixes any problems. All he's going to see is that short porch. We have enough of that.

This is the 2nd best player in baseball about to enter his peak. He fixes lot of problems. You put him between 2 righties in Sanchez and Judge and watch that lineup mash.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is the 2nd best player in baseball about to enter his peak. He fixes lot of problems. You put him between 2 righties in Sanchez and Judge and watch that lineup mash.

Fine, but that still doesn't change that fact that 6-1 couldn't get on base if the ball was on a tee.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Fine, but that still doesn't change that fact that 6-1 couldn't get on base if the ball was on a tee.

Frazier-Gregorious-Judge-Harper-Sanchez-Bird-Machado-Torres-DH is a f***ing ridiculous lineup no matter how you slice it. That lineup can f***ing rake throughout, and you can move the pieces all over. Even if you take out Machado and put in Castro, that lineup is still f***ing dumb.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Frazier-Gregorious-Judge-Harper-Sanchez-Bird-Machado-Torres-DH is a ****ing ridiculous lineup no matter how you slice it. That lineup can ****ing rake throughout, and you can move the pieces all over. Even if you take out Machado and put in Castro, that lineup is still ****ing dumb.

That's a lineup you throw 99 straight curveballs out of the zone to and they strike out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad