OT: MLB Thread - Part XVIII: Home Stretch for Yanks. Coup de Grâce for Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think it's important to remember, mentally, that we have two cracks and a good pitching matchup in game 7.

Don't get down if Verlander is lights out and they win.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Everyone is talking about how good Verlander is and for good reason. But Severino was pretty damn good too.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Many Yankee fans doubted around the TDL if they should buy THIS year.. hats off to Brian Cashman for believing in his team.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Everyone is talking about how good Verlander is and for good reason. But Severino was pretty damn good too.

Starting pitching can take a team anywhere. It's an adage as old as the game itself and it's f***ing true.

Our starting pitching has been biting-heads-off-of-bats insane.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
James Smyth‏ @JamesSmyth621 25m25 minutes ago

Hitters vs Tanaka Last 4 GS: .141/.168/.185 2017 MLB Pitchers Batting: .124/.156/.161 They've been better than pitchers, but not by much

Jayson Stark
‏Verified account @jaysonst 1h1 hour

Who in this postseason is pitching better than Tanaka? Last 4 starts: 27 IP, 13 hits, 31 K's, a mere 2 runs. That's a 0.67 ERA #domination

darko

Feb 16, 2009
One more boys and girls. Now the hard part ... winning one on the road. Hopefully Verlander is fatigued from throwing 125 pitches last start. The success formula is simple ... get Verlander's pitch count up and make their pen beat you.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The thing with developing prospects as we know... is that they could all fizzle out potentially. I worry about that with the Yankees, they have lots of good pieces but we have to see how they perform in an ever increasing role up to and through the majors. Don't want to put all the eggs in the basket so to speak but they look good and it's very interesting that they made it to the ALCS/comparable conference final. I have shell shock with prospect development and such.

Prospects do fizzle out with some regularity but rebuilding with positional prospects isn't the same as with pitching. Pitching can be so volatile.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Brian McTaggart‏ @brianmctaggart 2m2 minutes ago

Astros talked about how loud it was at Yankee Stadium:
"New York is no joke," Keuchel said.

"This is a wild place to play," Springer said.

Correa: "It was crazy. I never heard anything as loud as it was yesterday when Gary hit that double. Loudest I've ever been part of."

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Dodgers were the best team in baseball, but they have Ethier, Utley and Granderson starting for them tonight.

This would've been an elite trio to work with in 2009.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Correa: "It was crazy. I never heard anything as loud as it was yesterday when Gary hit that double. Loudest I've ever been part of."

Brian McTaggart is a really good guy to follow if you are trying to keep tabs on Astros. Straight shooter too which is what i really like about him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Regulars were priced of Yankee Stadium too.

But it's still loud because the team isn't f***ing boring.

The Rangers should try that.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

The Ghosts have found their way home.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

A buddy of mine was at the game and had similar things to say about the Sanchez double.

Said it was the 2nd loudest he's ever heard stadium (both new and old) next to Scott Brosius' game tying home run in game 5 against Arizona.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
#Can'tRebuildInNY

Just glad Bird wanted to play this postseason. Seriously though, first time Yankees have had four hitters(Didi/Bird/Sanchez/Judge) belt 3+ homeruns in one postseason.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
#Can'tRebuildInNY

Just glad Bird wanted to play this postseason. Seriously though, first time Yankees have had four hitters(Didi/Bird/Sanchez/Judge) belt 3+ homeruns in one postseason.
Lol.

Hopefully that garbage notion can never be heard of again. At least the Knicks seem to be embracing that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad