OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Tanaka probably lost millions on that decision but this is a team committed to each other. I'm really proud of him.

:thumbd:

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Tanaka probably lost millions on that decision but this is a team committed to each other. I'm really proud of him.

:thumbd:

absolutely, even with the slight tear he still gets more on the open market, due to age, the ability to pitch, how he will age, pitching on the big stage, etc. and pitching being at a premium

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Tanaka staying could help with Otani making his decision.

How would we fit Bumgarner, Carpenter, and Santana?? Lol

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't buy for a second that he isn't available. San Fran has nothing at the major and minor league levels.

They need young quality bodies. Guess what the Yankees have a boat load of?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
No thanks to Santana unless it's like a 2 year deal. Someone will give him Encarnacion money.

Bumgarner won't be traded. They need to sell tickets. Theyll move Cueto or Shark instead. Wouldn't be surprised to see them trade for Stanton and make the playoffs next year.

Will do dirty things to trade for Carpenter.

Otani is target #1 for the team. I would be content with just adding him as the major move this winter.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No thanks to Santana unless it's like a 2 year deal. Someone will give him Encarnacion money.

Bumgarner won't be traded. They need to sell tickets. Theyll move Cueto or Shark instead. Wouldn't be surprised to see them trade for Stanton and make the playoffs next year.

Will do dirty things to trade for Carpenter.

Otani is target #1 for the team. I would be content with just adding him as the major move this winter.

With what assets?

They have nothing.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They have some borderline top 100 guys. And they'll trade one of their starters for a return as well. As long as they bite into that contract, it's a possibility. I personally wouldn't give much more than that.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Stanton will fetch 2 top prospects at least. Giants don't have what it takes to acquire him.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lol 2 borderline top 100 guys won't get you into the conversation.

Neither Shark or Cueto are going to return what they need. Cueto' s contract is worse than Ellsbury's.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not as much as you think.

Miguel Cabrera would return more than a few borderline 100 prospects lol. Stanton coming off of a 59 homer season is going to return 2 very good pieces at the very least and probably a 3rd.

Recent history matters and he is easily a guy who can step in and be the face of almost any franchise. The Marlins aren't letting him go for peanuts, no matter how horrible the contract may be. They will easily be outbid by a team like the Phillies today.

Regardless, the Giants won't have the pieces to get him as they stand right now. IF they really want him, what better way to acquire him than by getting prospects out of a system that Gary Denbo had a huge hand in building?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Aaron Judge is the cover for MLB the Show. Now all that's needed is for the game to come out on xbox. :(

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Shohei Ohtani chooses Nez Balelo of CAA to represent him, "has every intention" of coming to majors this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad