OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's not the point.

It kinda is the point, but whatever, I'll go with it.

We're not talking about the guy who just tied the game. Anybody would get cheered for that.

We're talking about Gurriel getting a noticeably loud ovation when he was introduced for game 4, a clear show of unity with what he did. The fans were in the wrong on that one. And I wouldn't even care if they just cheered for him. It's the fact that it was extra...

Reactions: All Might

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It kinda is the point, but whatever, I'll go with it.

We're not talking about the guy who just tied the game. Anybody would get cheered for that.

We're talking about Gurriel getting a noticeably loud ovation when he was introduced for game 4, a clear show of unity with what he did. The fans were in the wrong on that one. And I wouldn't even care if they just cheered for him. It's the fact that it was extra...

I thought he was talking about cheering him after the HR.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yeah he sucks.

Astros bullepn is up there with the worst I've seen make it to this stage.

Mets in 2015 was pretty bad. They basically had familia and Reed was good every third time out. Clippard was already in shambles by the playoffs and nobody else was reliable

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I thought he was talking about cheering him after the HR.

No, he got like a solider-returning-home welcome from a small portion of the fans when he had his first PA in game 4. That's why it's kinda weird.

Like, I'm not saying I'd sit there and boo him, but I wouldn't be like "f*** yeah, Yuli!" To be fair, again, it was a small portion.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Don't agree with letting Morrow pitch to Altuve.

I'm fine with Roberts trying it three days in a row, but after the first two guys it was clear he had nothing.

Then he proceeds to watch him give up a homerun to Correa.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Wow not sending the runner from 3rd there may end up being huge.

I don't care who you bring in out of the Astros pen for the 9th, with a 1 run lead the guy will blow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad