OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
There's no way Mets will give Machado the $300m he'll desire.

Also O's reportedly won't give teams a window of contract discussion with Machado.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There's no way Mets will give Machado the $300m he'll desire.

Also O's reportedly won't give teams a window of contract discussion with Machado.

Forget the 300 mill, they don't have the pieces to move for him unless they decide for whatever reason that they no longer want Syndergaard and want to roll the dice on Machado signing an extension sometime between trading for him and him being on the market.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Forget the 300 mill, they don't have the pieces to move for him unless they decide for whatever reason that they no longer want Syndergaard and want to roll the dice on Machado signing an extension sometime between trading for him and him being on the market.
They can probably get him with Rosario.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think any Machado deal will come with an extension.
But the Orioles have stated they will not permit the acquiring team a window to negotiate with Machado for an extension. It is a complete risk. Machado is going to get paid. He is going to free agency

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
if they yanks get machado this year.....jesus..thats overkill to the nth extreme.
Not sure I agree. Stanton was overkill, Harper would be overkill, but the Yankees have a legit need at 3B, especially since Headley (not Hedy) is gone.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
They do...they don't need to sell the farm though to get him. They need a competent 3rd baseman till Machado his the free agent market...if he does, go full bore...if he turns us down, you still had andujar.

Absolutely. At the same time, you'd like to have him sooner rather than later. Guys like Judge, Sanchez, Severino, and Bird will only be so cheap for so long. If you can manage to get Machado this year without selling the farm, even though it would obviously take some prospects, I don't see how that's a bad move, assuming we can stay under the luxury tax threshold and we extend him.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Gleyber Torres is going to be playing either 2B or 3B to start opening day ,so there's not really a "need" at either position.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
C - Gary Sanchez 1B - Greg Bird, 2B - Gleyber Torres, SS - Didi Gregorious, 3B - Torreyes, LF - Gardner, CF - Hicks, RF - Judge, DH - Stanton

Severino/Tanaka/Cole/Gray/Montgomery.

Warren/Betances/Kahnle/Green/Robertson/Chapman.

Would be downright freaking scary

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Zero chance Cervelli comes back.

Trade for Cole.

Sign Todd Frazier.

Play Torres at 2B.

This is what I think is going to happen, be it Cole or someone else.

2 year deal for Todd, if Andujar fixes his D in AAA this season and keeps raking and Frazier declines for whatever reason, just Headley him with a meh prospect after this season and give it to Andujar

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
if the Yankees hang onto Clint, I would play him full time in Scranton in Center Field to see if he can play there, That way they know whether or not he would have a spot on the 2019 Yankee team. Hicks can be easily moveable then, and Gardner's last year on the contract is this season.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
if the Yankees hang onto Clint, I would play him full time in Scranton in Center Field to see if he can play there, That way they know whether or not he would have a spot on the 2019 Yankee team. Hicks can be easily moveable then, and Gardner's last year on the contract is this season.

I'm confused why this isn't the #1 plan anyways? Isn't Frazier's bat supposed to be All-Star level? Wouldn't it make sense to play him in center?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'm confused why this isn't the #1 plan anyways? Isn't Frazier's bat supposed to be All-Star level? Wouldn't it make sense to play him in center?

He was a corner OF, I'm pretty sure that was their plan when they traded for him, but now that's blown up with the addition of Stanton. Making him DH full time is a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad