OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
OH I agree, I'm just saying he's the most athletic one of the 3 lol. and yes it would be an awful idea just to get Frazier a spot on the team. He can be used to acquire a top SP which is a need this year (well a pitcher, doesn't have to be a "top" one)

Which is why he'd most likely be laying himself out there on a regular basis trying to catch every damn ball that's even close. Between his athleticism and his confidence in his ability, there isn't a ball out there he doesn't think he can't catch. The wear and tear on his body and more likely injuries are enough reason for me to say NOPE to Judge in CF.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Gardner has a team option for 2019 which I did not know about, perhaps he can play CF in the next 2 years until Florial is ready and the Yankees can actually keep Frazier after all.
This.

He's pretty much in the upper echelon of outfielders in WAR nearly every season he's played in. Highly underrated throughout his career. Amazing asset at the top of the order with his ability to work counts.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
The 'problem' with having such a loaded farm system is you're never going to be able to keep and play everybody. Many will bust, and some will need to be used as trade chips to acquire talent in other areas of need. Whether Cole is the right fit, or Fulmer, Duffy, or whoever else, they all have risks. There's no Chris Sale's available this time around and doesn't seem like that's going to be changing for quite a while.

This is the tough part, trying to figure out which prospects to part with while still trying to make a trade with other teams that have their own opinions and scouting on these guys. Takes two to tango.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The 'problem' with having such a loaded farm system is you're never going to be able to keep and play everybody. Many will bust, and some will need to be used as trade chips to acquire talent in other areas of need. Whether Cole is the right fit, or Fulmer, Duffy, or whoever else, they all have risks. There's no Chris Sale's available this time around and doesn't seem like that's going to be changing for quite a while.

This is the tough part, trying to figure out which prospects to part with while still trying to make a trade with other teams that have their own opinions and scouting on these guys. Takes two to tango.
I know Sale struck out 300 batters last year and is a top 5 SP at worst, but the value the White Sox got in return was nuts.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Dennis Lin‏
Verified account

@sdutdennislin
Follow
Follow @sdutdennislin

More
Have heard the asking price for Eric Hosmer remains in the $200 million range. This may seem crazy, but I don’t think the Padres would do that

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Also heard that JD Martinez doesn't want to DH and wants to play the OF and is also looking for 200M..

That Stanton deal is looking mighty nice...

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
So if Cashman trades Frazier in a deal for Cole, He was looking for a pitcher in a deal for Miller, he essentially would have turned Andrew Miller into 2 SPs, Cole (via trading Frazier) and Sheffield (via trading Miller).

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
So if Cashman trades Frazier in a deal for Cole, He was looking for a pitcher in a deal for Miller, he essentially would have turned Andrew Miller into 2 SPs, Cole (via trading Frazier) and Sheffield (via trading Miller).
The man sees things in a way I just could never come close to. Every time I find myself thinking 'WTF are you doing and why!?', he then makes the corresponding move to complete the piece he's filling and I go 'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Miller is worth that price to be fair.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Cashman now has some leverage in trade market.
Opposing GM: Gleyber
Cash "No"
GM " Sheffield"
Cash "No
GM "Florial"
Cash "I'll think about it,,, um no"
GM "Frazier
Cash "ehhh... maybe.. No"

Reactions: Inferno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad