OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I read all Winter and even before about Otanei being a lock to sign here. And then he signs in Anaheim? New York is a market with huge advantages and the Yankees have the money to get who they want, plus the history. But this isn't 20 years ago when signing with the Yankees meant basically guaranteed championships and they could outbid any team. Now there are other teams that are just as competitive playing in nice markets who can also spend a ton of cash.

I'm not jabbing at the Yankees, here. I'm just saying, the landscape has changed significantly in the past couple decades and no fan should ever feel like their team has a guy locked up.
On point. The craziest is delusional knicks fans who still believe the aura of the Mecca (aka MSG) is enough to draw free agents. You would think 10+ years of mediocrity (putting it nicely) and difficulty landing big names would be the splash of reality. At least Yankees fans can hang their hat on some recent success to draw FA’s, but nothing is guaranteed anymore.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Bruce hadn't fallen off the face of the Earth

Or if Bruce had never been signed. They'd be getting better production from just about anyone else. Didn't want him when he was out there, still don't want him.

He took AB away from Nimmo at the beginning of the season. I was totally on board with Nimmo, Conforto, Cespedes, and Lagares. Needed a guy who could play as a utility guy IF/OF and called it a day.

Signing Bruce was terrible from the beginning and now it's even worse. Eating up 13M in salary for 2 1/2 more seasons. If they get anyone to take him at the deadline, it'd be welcomed.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Might be time to send Sanchez down to the minors so he can remove his head from his ass. I mean, seriously? Does anyone on this damn team have any clue how to run the bases?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Glad we held Bird up when the throw landed in Virginia.

f***ing team can't even run the bases, players and coaches.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

He needs to go on the DL. Call up whoever to replace him. Or sign Melky in the short term. Anything is better than Bruce right now.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Or if Bruce had never been signed. They'd be getting better production from just about anyone else. Didn't want him when he was out there, still don't want him.

He took AB away from Nimmo at the beginning of the season. I was totally on board with Nimmo, Conforto, Cespedes, and Lagares. Needed a guy who could play as a utility guy IF/OF and called it a day.

Signing Bruce was terrible from the beginning and now it's even worse. Eating up 13M in salary for 2 1/2 more seasons. If they get anyone to take him at the deadline, it'd be welcomed.

I was thinking he could produce numbers close to last season for another two years. And also that he could take reps at 1B if Smith wasn't ready, or even if he was. I mean I knew he was kind of superfluous but thought if Callaway was worth his salt he could juggle it and make it worthwhile--and also with Conforto being a ? coming back and Cespedes always hurt, he could be an essential part of the lineup.

Instead, we have this. I don't know. He's not young but he's not old. Maybe it's the foot, even though he says it's not. Man, though, he has f***ing sucked.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Stanton needs to sit down for a week.

And lol at Hicks swinging at the first pitch with runners on the corners the inning before.

Give me Frazier

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Clearly the only thing we can do as a practice is sit guys....because coaching them out of these struggles and flaws is not an option

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I got a very simple solution for these awkward suspended games: play in the ****ing rain.
Baseball wasn't my thing but I was friends with a lot of the guys. I used to bust their balls that even us p***y soccer players could play through hard rain. Legit though, they all said they couldn't pick up the ball in a significant rain and the pitchers were worthless.

I'm sure the pros are better at it than high school kids I knew 20 years ago but still. I understand the problems with it in baseball.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Baseball wasn't my thing but I was friends with a lot of the guys. I used to bust their balls that even us ***** soccer players could play through hard rain. Legit though, they all said they couldn't pick up the ball in a significant rain and the pitchers were worthless.

I'm sure the pros are better at it than high school kids I knew 20 years ago but still. I understand the problems with it in baseball.

The rain makes every sport harder, but I think what we've had to do to the schedule has been even more of a pain the ass than just playing a shitty game of baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad