OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Tate has good stuff. The Yankees are in a good position to make a trade and still have plenty in the cupboard. Not considering this years draft and last (which they took a ton of arms especially with like their first 13 picks) they already had the following: Sheffield, Abreu, Acevedo, Tate, and German. And Monty of course. There was some stories on Loasiga emerging as well.

Sheffield, Abreu, German, Tate, Swanson, Medina, Loaisiga, Perez, Adams, Acevedo, Stephan, Rogers, Whitlock, etc etc etc. Yankees have so many pitching prospects that depending who's available in a trade any of these guys could be part of a trade. Not counting the 2 they drafted last year in Sauer and Schmidt and the ones they are likely to sign on July 2nd through IFA

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The Nationals acquired Kelvin Herrera? Did not see that today. Sucks. That is one of the bigger names off the board.

Yeah for their 10th and 11th best prospects and a throw in... maybe the prices arent' as high as people think they might be.

Reactions: RGY

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'll take the Nats getting him.. We would only see them in the World Series, and the Astros and their shitty bullpen can't get him now.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Maybe not him but there is still Britton and Hand. And the Orioles will deal Britton to Houston before us.

yeah there are other options for them, SD wants a Torres like prospect for Hand. Britton I could see tho if he shows he's healthy

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
3 pieces (although nothing high end) for a bullpen rental doesn't seem too bad for Kansas City. Kansas City dun goofed by not blowing it up @ last year's deadline.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
3 pieces (although nothing high end) for a bullpen rental doesn't seem too bad for Kansas City. Kansas City dun goofed by not blowing it up @ last year's deadline.

I'd be looking for a similar return for Familia at this point. They're very similar. Regardless of the team getting back into it, Familia should be dealt. I don't see the reason to pay him as much as he'll likely want. Let Gsellman/Swarzak close for now.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
#RedSox interested in upgrading bullpen, but in order to acquire San Diego LHP Brad Hand, source says the #Padres’ likely asking price would be a young everyday player, such as Rafael Devers. @MLBNetwork @MLB

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
#RedSox interested in upgrading bullpen, but in order to acquire San Diego LHP Brad Hand, source says the #Padres’ likely asking price would be a young everyday player, such as Rafael Devers. @MLBNetwork @MLB
Padres can find that somewhere else. Love relievers but no way you trade that kind of talent for a guy who pitches 1-2 innings every 1-2 days.

Where are they getting that comparable return from other contenders? Are the Astros dealing off their everyday lineup? For a reliever? I know they are desperate but I dont see it happening. Padres trying to make up for years of bad organizational management, drafting, development, etc, in one trade

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
They think they're going to get a team to give up a prospect like Torres because the Cubs who hadn't won in 108 years! did

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
They think they're going to get a team to give up a prospect like Torres because the Cubs who hadn't won in 108 years! did

Thing is Torres was a top notch prospect, but he was 19 at the time. He was not in the majors. As we're seeing now, he was 2 years from being in the majors.

If the Padres were asking for some 19 YO top notch prospect, a team in contention would likely consider a deal. Wanting a 21-22 YO top prospect, who btw is raking at the MLB level, for a rental reliever is nuts.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think the Cubs are going the way of the 1994 Rangers. They sacrificed a lot to finally get that title but I don't see them winning another for awhile.

They are pretty good this year. With perennial chokers Nats and Dodgers as the best 2 teams in NL I wouldn't be surprised if Cubs come out of NL this year.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Yankees have NO business trading anything of real value for relievers. They have plenty of guys doing the job well right now, with Kahnle still rehabbing in the minors and a slew of young arms who can come up and fill the role if need be.

One or two frontline starters, on the other hand, is a different story.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Yankees have NO business trading anything of real value for relievers. They have plenty of guys doing the job well right now, with Kahnle still rehabbing in the minors and a slew of young arms who can come up and fill the role if need be.

This.

Reactions: Bozle

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Bumgarner, Hamels, Archer, Happ, Fulmer, Stroman.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Bumgarner, Hamels, Archer, Happ, Fulmer, Stroman.
Start with one if Happ/Hamels.

And then if Bumgarner becomes available go for him. Stroman same thing but option B to MadBum. Of course neither may become available. So that is why you have to get one of Happ/Hamels before the deadline.

And no way to Archer/Fulmer. Stay far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad