OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Metsies are creaking at the seams a little here and they're not gonna get cut any slack in either of the next two series. The early game numbers with men on base AND leaving runners on base was too high, so i'm not super worried about the regression, but a bad outing tonight and then against ATL can really ruin their great position. Thinking about blowing one of Jacob's career highlights still hurts me, but i'm optimistic they'll get one at home with Conforto in the lineup.

Speaking of the blown game-- as much as I like Sandy, his track record on grabbing slumping high-ceiling receivers (AJ Ramos, Antonio Bastardo, Frank Francisco (YIKES)) hurts my soul.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Bruce, Gonzalez and Cespedes need to pick it up. I'm confident that Bruce and Cespedes will.

I think Gonzalez is just done. Let Smith have another shot. His OPS in AAA (PCL, I know) is over 1.000, give him a look. They need to find out this year if Smith can play everyday in the Majors because Peter Alonso is becoming a f***ing stud down there and could even push for a look in September.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That **** from Judge pisses me off so much. He takes two fastballs right down the middle. Doesn't even try and swing. And then he strikes out on a pitch in the dirt. This is part of the reason he has so many strikeouts. He takes so many meatballs, it's really quite ridiculous. And with Stanton hitting like trash behind him, he goes with the mindset of being patient rather than forcing the issue.

This game has just been abysmal. Just awful all around.
At this point, Judge could go up to the plate and behead Filip Chytil and I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Don't even care that he strikes out.

Reactions: Bozle

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Still think that I was overreacting? That loss was a huge momentum swing in favor of the Nats.

Washington leaves NY all like:

I still do. With 140+ games left, there will be miraculous victories and crushing defeats to come for both teams many times over. Momentum will swing a dozen or more times. You don't put a team away two and a half weeks into the season.

Reactions: RGY

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I also would like to add that Todd Frazier was a terrific acquisition. On top of playing well (I think he'll regress, but still), he seems like one of the chillest dudes we've had on the team in a long time. He appears to be everyone's best friend, which is great.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I also would like to add that Todd Frazier was a terrific acquisition. On top of playing well (I think he'll regress, but still), he seems like one of the chillest dudes we've had on the team in a long time. He appears to be everyone's best friend, which is great.

He'll definitely regress. But just seems this year's group is all chill.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I see the Mets signed Vance Worley. He's got his work cut out for him in Vegas, but if he has anything left he could be useful from the pen later in the year.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I see the Mets signed Vance Worley. He's got his work cut out for him in Vegas, but if he has anything left he could be useful from the pen later in the year.

They need to figure out the catcher situation. If it's going to be a blackhole in the lineup offensively, they need to find a defensive stalwart.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
They need to figure out the catcher situation. If it's going to be a blackhole in the lineup offensively, they need to find a defensive stalwart.
Yeah that's a problem for sure. Lobaton used to be considered one of the top pitch-framers in the game and pretty damn good defensively. Now he's producing a negative dWAR, which is hugely problematic since he's swinging a wiffle ball bat out there. I suggested Soto and Ruiz the other day, though it doesn't seem the Mets are particularly interested. Seems like they're okay riding Lobaton and Nido until Plawecki comes back (and Plawecki probably sucks, too).

Reactions: Hunter Gathers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad