OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Austin does not get hits unless the pitches are the inner half of the plate.

Neil Walker is a waste of space. Would rather live with the growing pains of Gleyber than watch this bum.

Walker's defense at 1st has been fantastic. Should be playing there until Bird is back.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's bizarre official scoring.

How can an error on the first baseman be a hit?

If he catches it, the runner is out...

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Sure Stanton, keep on swinging and killing every damn rally. Can't wait until you hit 20 homeruns in June but it's still April and you're stinking up the joint. This starter is walking the ballpark and still have zero runs on the board.

Reactions: All Might

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Stanton is KILLING this team right now.

You would think Boone would do some managing and maybe move him down in the lineup and/or sit him for a game, but that would just be too much to ask. Instead he leaves him in the 3 spot to kill rally after rally.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Stanton may have lost this game, but boy does Walker suck just as much. Stanton will come out of it...but Walker looks like a bench player who should not at all be getting regular ABs.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
This is one of the ugliest games I've seen this team play. They just don't seem focused at all. Can't hit, can't defend, just half dead right now.

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Losing to the f***ing Miami Marlins. What a joke. What a f***ing joke Tanaka. GTFO. You p***y. No toughness with him. What a waste of my night sitting down watching this clown.

Continues to bite us in the ass that we did not add another quality arm to this rotation. There is no support after Severino. No reliability. We are so screwed its laughable

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Is Boone alive?

He needs to go to peewee and learn how to work a staff.
There is no coaching going on in that dugout. Relying purely on the numbers.

Stanton should have been moved down days ago like many competent MANAGERS would have done. Torreyes would still be in the lineup with Walker’s ass stapled to the bench. There is no fire in this team and that starts with the coaching staff. You cant be a figurehead, you have to a pulse.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There is no coaching going on in that dugout. Relying purely on the numbers.

Stanton should have been moved down days ago like many competent MANAGERS would have done. Torreyes would still be in the lineup with Walker’s ass stapled to the bench. There is no fire in this team and that starts with the coaching staff. You cant be a figurehead, you have to a pulse.
We have statisticians in the front office.

The manager's one job is changing pitchers and Boone can't make the right decision there to save his life.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Would firing Boone before game 20 be a bad look?

Really hope the Rangers make a better coaching hire than that
I don't understand the concept. This is not a team that needed a revolutionary outlook. They needed somebody to take a stacked lineup and not light things on fire.

Cashman also told us the team had tired of Girardi's "throw away games to win the war" attitude and Boone is worse so far in that regard.

He let Tanaka get crucified tonight to save his bullpen for.....what, exactly?

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
We have statisticians in the front office.

The manager's one job is changing pitchers and Boone can't make the right decision there to save his life.

A majority of pitchers aren't doing their job. Tanaka is facing the Marlins, if he can't get through five innings that isn't on the manager. Team simply needs to stop playing like dog crap. I know it's hip to rag on Boone and he hasn't been faultless by any stretch of the imagination but let's be reality, Girardi/insert any manager's name here did stupid shit too.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A majority of pitchers aren't doing their job. Tanaka is facing the Marlins, if he can't get through five innings that isn't on the manager. Team simply needs to stop playing like dog crap. I know it's hip to rag on Boone and he hasn't been faultless by any stretch of the imagination but let's be reality, Girardi/insert any manager's name here did stupid **** too.

There's no question that our .500 start is on the players, but it's alarming that Boone obviously can't run a pitching staff. I have faith that the team is going to play better. I don't have faith that Boone is going to be smarter by July.

I love analytics as much as anyone but running a staff is a skill that Boone simply has no experience with.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
There's no question that our .500 start is on the players, but it's alarming that Boone obviously can't run a pitching staff. I have faith that the team is going to play better. I don't have faith that Boone is going to be smarter by July.

I love analytics as much as anyone but running a staff is a skill that Boone simply has no experience with.

I just don't see how anyone can use a dozen games to form an opinion either way. You blame Boone for not going to the bullpen tonight, yet you're the one that keeps saying how the bullpen isn't even that good. If he pulls Tanaka and the next pitcher came in and gave up the homerun, it'll be why didn't Boone trust Tanaka to get out of that inning? His defense is letting him down, he could've gotten Realmuto out! Plus Larry Rothschild probably has just as much say on running this staff as Boone. I'm frustrated too but I need to see a lot more before I claim Boone is incapable when this team can't get out of their own way currently.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I just don't see how anyone can use a dozen games to form an opinion either way. You blame Boone for not going to the bullpen tonight, yet you're the one that keeps saying how the bullpen isn't even that good. If he pulls Tanaka and the next pitcher came in and gave up the homerun, it'll be why didn't Boone trust Tanaka to get out of that inning? His defense is letting him down, he could've gotten Realmuto out! Plus Larry Rothschild probably has just as much say on running this staff as Boone. I'm frustrated too but I need to see a lot more before I claim Boone is incapable when this team can't get out of their own way currently.
But it's an inherent downgrade from Girardi in terms of experience. We knew that. We were told the philosophy is different.

Where is it different? Letting Tanaka give up a basketball score is vintage Girardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad