MLB off-season News & Notes thread (Phils sign Kingery to 6 year deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

the A's have a reputation around the league (i'm guessing the stadium is the main reason) but this is golden coming from a guy who played in miami, a far worse off franchise than Oakland is. and what's also funny is that so many guys who have played in Oakland have truly enjoyed their time there. glad they didn't give up prospects for this clown and ended up with piscotty instead

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

the A's have a reputation around the league (i'm guessing the stadium is the main reason) but this is golden coming from a guy who played in miami, a far worse off franchise than Oakland is. and what's also funny is that so many guys who have played in Oakland have truly enjoyed their time there. glad they didn't give up prospects for this clown and ended up with piscotty instead

He just didn't want to be on a club that is traditionally in the bottom third or bottom 5of team payrolls.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
If JoFer was still alive, that Marlins team would be contending right now. They also most likely wouldn't have dealt Luis Castillo for Straily.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think if Fernandez had still been alive (May he RIP) he would have been traded as well by now.

Depends. Loria might not have sold the team (at least not yet). Either way, him passing was the straw that really broke the back. They had no chance after that.

Reactions: Voight

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

"They have a plan," agent Joe Longo said. "I respect that plan, but that plan shouldn't include Christian at this point in his career. He's in the middle of the best years of his career, and having him be part of a 100-loss season is not really where [we] want to see him going.

"The relationship between player and team is irretrievably broken. It's soured. He's part of the old ownership regime. The new ownership regime needs to get new parts into this plan and move forward, and he needs to get on with his career where he's got a chance to win. The big issue is him winning and winning now.

"He loves the city of Miami. He loves the fans. He's had nothing but a good experience in South Florida, and he feels sorry where they ended up. But I think having him report [to spring training] and attempting to include him moving forward is going to be uncomfortable for both sides. I don't see how it's going to work."

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I get Boston has to try and do something to get better but why not wait for next years FA class?

I'd stay away from JDM and wait on Harper/Machado next year if I was them.

JDM has bad signing written all over him.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I get Boston has to try and do something to get better but why not wait for next years FA class?

I'd stay away from JDM and wait on Harper/Machado next year if I was them.

JDM has bad signing written all over him.

Sox really want nothing to do with Machado----headcase stemming from the Adam Jones fiasco, besides Baltimore plays you 19 times

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Sox really want nothing to do with Machado----headcase stemming from the Adam Jones fiasco, besides Baltimore plays you 19 times

Uh I think you mean Machado wants nothing to do with the sox? That i could understand after that fiasco a couple years ago. $$$$ and contention might Change his mind though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
machado's blocked by bogaerts and devers but i'd be all over him playing in boston.

Scouts have their doubts at Devers at 3B long term to begin with. Lots think he may end up at 1B down the road regardless.

If you could snag a franchise player like Manny, no doubt they'd make it work and move Devers to 1B and have Manny play 3rd.

Although Manny apparently wants to play short. Not sure how adamant about it he is and if it would influence his destination.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Ozuna didn't make a lot of sense to being with. He's always been up and down as a player, and add the fact he's a fa after next season.

Much happier they got Piscotty.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
just rich coming from a guy who played on a team that had 2 more wins than the A's did in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad