Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
With the MNC kicking in, it should have been seriously explored but I believe Shanny shot that down. Signing Matty was at the top of Tre's to do list. Do not know where signing Willie was on his list but it is looking like he blew that.

Looking like Tre did not pass most of the tests this past summer.
Well Tannenbaum got his buddy hired ,got max domi here for his buddy tie who he knew from the stronach days
Tannenbaum now has to get msle to fire Shanahan if they even care ,the board likely meets in early Jan as most companies do

Reactions: ToneDog

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Well Tannenbaum got his buddy hired ,got max domi here for his buddy tie who he knew from the stronach days
Tannenbaum now has to get msle to fire Shanahan if they even care ,the board likely meets in early Jan as most companies do
That's the issue, MLSE cares about the numbers on the balance sheet and not number of playoff rounds won. Realistically a long playoff run would net them more money but they're already the richest franchise in hockey so a couple of million in gate for each playoff game is a drop in the bucket.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
SO the question is... what is wrong with Mitch Marner? Does he have an injury, is this a mental situation? Clearly there is an issue here... A lack of offseason training?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I have a problem with "the point of them is to not be, " and even still, it still doesn't provide any real illumination as to why Marner is playing relatively poorly or worse than in previous years.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
For comparison

So now we have both Marner and Brodie having regressed defensively from previous form?

That's sort of a big deal considering they were two of the teams best defensive players the past few seasons.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Seems like he spent a little too much time being a groom instead of a player this offseason

SO the question is... what is wrong with Mitch Marner? Does he have an injury, is this a mental situation? Clearly there is an issue here... A lack of offseason training?

Once the honeymoon wears off he will start getting some sleep
The answer is clear, Mitch married a vampire and she's draining him dry

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So now we have both Marner and Brodie having regressed defensively from previous form?

That's sort of a big deal considering they were two of the teams best defensive players the past few seasons.

We’ve brought in players that are worse defensively than we had previously too.

Mitch is a terrific player, but he also seems to put too much pressure on himself, particularly given he is a Toronto guy.

As armchair QB’s it’s impossible to know what is wrong with him… but at some point, the team needs a new direction and right now, he’s our scapegoat and first choice for a shakeup.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
We’ve brought in players that are worse defensively than we had previously too.

Mitch is a terrific player, but he also seems to put too much pressure on himself, particularly given he is a Toronto guy.

As armchair QB’s it’s impossible to know what is wrong with him… but at some point, the team needs a new direction and right now, he’s our scapegoat and first choice for a shakeup.

Do you think the organization feels this way?
Has the increased offensive step from Nylander made them more comfortable in making a possible Marner trade?

He's a phenomenal player but something does feel off about his season so far.

Reactions: stickty111

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Has the increased offensive step from Nylander made them more comfortable in making a possible Marner trade?

Who knows what the organization is thinking. Unless they come out publicly and say something, which will never happen....

But you know the definition of insanity, is doing the same thing, and expecting different results. WE are going to need some changes here for sure. Coaching first, player personnel second...

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Real Kyper had speculated a month or two ago MLSE may now prefer Nylander to Marner.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Who knows what the organization is thinking. Unless they come out publicly and say something, which will never happen....

But you know the definition of insanity, is doing the same thing, and expecting different results. WE are going to need some changes here for sure. Coaching first, player personnel second...
You need to do both. Firing Keefe shouldn't be the move. New coach and a Marner trade.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You need to do both. Firing Keefe shouldn't be the move. New coach and a Marner trade.

I'm having a hard time right now, finding some type of trade, that addresses what we need... now.... by moving Marner.

I don't know how you'd get it done... but I'd move out....

Brodie
Kampf
Marner
Robertson
Minten
Samsonov
1st,
Timmins
Pretty much any Marlies is open game in this scenario.

Targets
Crouse
McBain
Lamoureux
Larsson
Bjorkstrand
Goalie

It's probably not realistic, but I think this team needs an injection of hardworking, physical big guys...

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Very fitting. That shirt represents the entire Leafs organization.

I’m honestly at the point where I’d be fine letting him walk if we had to. That cap space could be used on better things.
Me too.

I remember a few years ago before he had that bloated contract, there were Columbus trade rumors. Idk what the package would've been (Jones or Werenski?) But I wish that happened

Reactions: freshwind

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I love the guy as a player, but we should have moved him in the off-season. That was a huge miss for us an organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad