Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Paul would have a hissy fit.

At least someone in the Marner family would be capable of showing some anger then. I thought the sulking crybaby act might have been genetic but I guess not.

Give me Nylander bring unaffected completely by tough times or Matthews cross checking Dahlin when it’s not going for him, any response is better than crying in the box and shrugging your shoulders in the press conference.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Tim Stützle or Mitch Marner?
Marner 100 times out of 100. Mitch has his faults, but flopping around like a fish ain't one of them.

I think people misconstrue why so many are okay with him moving on... for me, mainly it is about the team cap structure. Sure, his attitude comes off as obnoxious or whatever, but I don't think he is that way, and I do think he cares probably more than anyone in that room, too much sometimes to the point that he cripples himself.

I think it has been proven that 4 top heavy forwards do not get it done, so one has to go. Won't be 34, won't be 91. I think Marner is probably better than Nylander, in fact I am sure of it, but you can only pay one of them imo as that cap money needs to feed the rest of the lineup (defence especially). I think the team gets more of a return for Marner. If, at the end of the day Nylander is the one that goes, I think the team is in a better position... Tre has himself a full blown dilemma!

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Hard to put down 99 points, obvious skills BUT it appears to my eye that he is the most alouf, unlikable guys to his team mates. Small in stature, often vulnerable because of his style of play, frequently targeted, rarely hit because of his skills, BUT, not once can I recall a fellow teammate coming to his aid, to his defence, to seek retribution, not once.

Last edited:
Reactions: hullsy47

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Hard to put down 100 points, obvious skills BUT it appears to my eye that he is the most alouf, unlikable guys to his team mates. Small in stature, often vulnerable because of his style of play, frequently targeted, rarely hit because of his skills, BUT, not once can I recall a fellow teammate coming to his aid, to his defence, to seek retribution, not once.
He hasn’t hit 100 points yet.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
At least someone in the Marner family would be capable of showing some anger then. I thought the sulking crybaby act might have been genetic but I guess not.

Give me Nylander bring unaffected completely by tough times or Matthews cross checking Dahlin when it’s not going for him, any response is better than crying in the box and shrugging your shoulders in the press conference.
showing emotion is good unless it's bad

Reactions: arso40

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
if what works exactly
being above any criticism

all i hear anytime someone says a bad word about him is "lol ppg , he's the least of our problems and easily worth his 11m contact"

so 'm thinking a ppg and easily outscoring our golden child should put him above any criticism as well

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Should have done it last offseason when his value was higher
Can’t blame Tree.
he had bigger fish to fry then a MMtrade.

bourne suggested breaking up the top 2 lines to make 3 more even lines.
let’s see which of the core forwards can drive a line.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
FC4IIj_WYAMLJq7.jpeg

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Can’t blame Tree.
he had bigger fish to fry then a MMtrade.

bourne suggested breaking up the top 2 lines to make 3 more even lines.
let’s see which of the core forwards can drive a line.
Trading one of the big 4 was the expectation amongst he fanbase and the biggest focus of the summer. There wasn't a bigger fish to fry

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Trading one of the big 4 was the expectation amongst he fanbase and the biggest focus of the summer. There wasn't a bigger fish to fry
With the MNC kicking in, it should have been seriously explored but I believe Shanny shot that down. Signing Matty was at the top of Tre's to do list. Do not know where signing Willie was on his list but it is looking like he blew that.

Looking like Tre did not pass most of the tests this past summer.

Reactions: hullsy47

Joeffice

Mar 11, 2023
Regina
Marner 100 times out of 100. Mitch has his faults, but flopping around like a fish ain't one of them.

I think people misconstrue why so many are okay with him moving on... for me, mainly it is about the team cap structure. Sure, his attitude comes off as obnoxious or whatever, but I don't think he is that way, and I do think he cares probably more than anyone in that room, too much sometimes to the point that he cripples himself.

I think it has been proven that 4 top heavy forwards do not get it done, so one has to go. Won't be 34, won't be 91. I think Marner is probably better than Nylander, in fact I am sure of it, but you can only pay one of them imo as that cap money needs to feed the rest of the lineup (defence especially). I think the team gets more of a return for Marner. If, at the end of the day Nylander is the one that goes, I think the team is in a better position... Tre has himself a full blown dilemma!
I'd take Marner as well.
But there is a bit more to Stutzle's game than opposing teams perceiving diving. That's usually a sign for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad