• Vancouver Fan saying Nylander

• Vancouver Fan saying Marner

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
take out the lottery player Matthews out of the picture

Pettersson/Boeser >>>> Marner/Nylander and it's not gonna be close in the future when those two hit their prime.

:thumbu:

Mar 26, 2010
take out the lottery player Matthews out of the picture

Pettersson/Boeser >>>> Marner/Nylander and it's not gonna be close in the future when those two hit their prime.

:thumbu:
Nylander and Marner are both not in their prime yet either. They were teenagers a few months ago.

No one is saying that Boeser is not a good prospect, not sure what the motive here is.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I didn't make that claim..

Suggesting the Leafs duo are much better play drivers is also pretty much false. So, prove it.

Once again you conveniently ignore that Marner and Nylander have been put in more favourable circumstances and are mainly focusing on Boeser's high shooting % conveniently.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
you just cant admit youre wrong eh? Brock could win the conn smythe and you would still keep making excuses. Its crazy how youve been wanting him to fail since day 1

If he turns into a consistent 30+ goal 65+ point winger I'll gladly eat crow. I'm a USA hockey fan so I hope he continues to produce.

I've projected him as a 40-55 point guy with some upside and compared his offensive game to Oshie. Don't see how that's hoping for him to fail. . .

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Suggesting the Leafs duo are much better play drivers is also pretty much false. So, prove it.

Once again you conveniently ignore that Marner and Nylander have been put in more favourable circumstances and are mainly focusing on Boeser's high shooting % conveniently.

Hasn't Boeser been playing on the PP with the Sedins and Bo Horvat? Hardly unfavorable circumstances. . .

Marner and Nylander both have 60+ point seasons under their belts . . . yes, they have great support. As does Boeser.

Reactions: RCS

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Hasn't Boeser been playing on the PP with the Sedins and Bo Horvat? Hardly unfavorable circumstances. . .

Marner and Nylander both have 60+ point seasons under their belts . . . yes, they have great support. As does Boeser.

1) Sedins are no longer great at producing even on the powerplay. They can make good plays once in a while, but are not the same as they once were. Horvat isn't close to Matthews.
2) In case of Marner, he isn't facing top line top pairing defenceman and competition as Boeser is.

Also, you should check out how inept our defence is at making offensive plays in the offensize zone of the ice, which makes it harder for Boeser to sustain pressure.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Marner is not a play driver. In fact reading the Leafs board he and Gardiner were frequently mentioned as the most disappointing Leafs this year. Nylander of course plays with Matthews who drives a lot of the play.
Boeser on the other hand leads his team in goals and points. His shot is elite. Will his shooting percentage come down? Most certainly. But his minutes and PP time have only recently gone up. That should continue.
Like I said lots of reasonable arguments for putting them in any order. Boeser hasn't played a full year yet but there's nothing to suggest that he can't keep up the pace given his relatively recent addition to the PP and increased minutes.
As for his goals being lucky. Turn on the highlights and watch.

Mar 26, 2010

Bingo

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
I went with Nylander>Marner>Boeser

That's not a knock on Boeser, he's a good prospect that I've been watching. My only concern about him is that he's not a very good skater and not very strong.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
1) Sedins are no longer great at producing even on the powerplay. They can make good plays once in a while, but are not the same as they once were. Horvat isn't close to Matthews.
2) In case of Marner, he isn't facing top line top pairing defenceman and competition as Boeser is.

Also, you should check out how inept our defence is at making offensive plays in the offensize zone of the ice, which makes it harder for Boeser to sustain pressure.

I'd might take Horvat + Baertschi over Matthews + Hyman.

Reactions: Tony Stark

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
I think it's certainly true, and I think most neutral fans would agree.

Are you disputing the fact that he's had extraordinary puck luck? He's got a point on 91% of goals scored while he's on the ice, during which the Canucks have scored 60% more goals than their xGF predicts. Do you think those trends will continue?

I didn't make that claim.

I wouldn't say he's a lock for 30 by any means. He's averaging about 2.78 shots per game. He'll need 19 goals in his final 61 games. If he's able to maintain the same shooting pace, he'll need to shoot at 11% over that period. I think he could definitely do it, but I think a) his shooting pace is likely to fall off over the course of the season and b) he's due for a bit of a sh% slump.

I've got him at 24g 49p if he plays the full season.
whats your point? gaudreau is in on a ridiculous percentage of his teams total goals, that shouldnt take anything away from him
again boeser has proved you wrong ever since he was drafted and he will continue to do so, just give up

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Really? As much as I like those two, I'd trade them both for just Matthews alone.

From a value perspective yea. But from the perspective of favorable linemates to help a player produce, I think it's the Canucks duo. Horvat is really underrated and Sven is super skilled.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
whats your point? gaudreau is in on a ridiculous percentage of his teams total goals, that shouldnt take anything away from him
again boeser has proved you wrong ever since he was drafted and he will continue to do so, just give up

My point is that 91% is outrageously high and it will likely come down. I'm not taking anything away from him, he's off to a tremendous start. But there is lot to suggest that he is due for a pretty significant slow down.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
From a value perspective yea. But from the perspective of favorable linemates to help a player produce, I think it's the Canucks duo. Horvat is really underrated and Sven is super skilled.
you just look foolish now,
really? boeser has better linemates than nylander and marner? surely canucks should be the better team then. boeser has played most of his games on the 2nd pp unit recently moved up to the first and is playing against the oppositions top players, he is in no way in a more favorable situation, thats just straight up garbage youre talking

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
you just look foolish now,
really? boeser has better linemates than nylander and marner? surely canucks should be the better team then. boeser has played most of his games on the 2nd pp unit recently moved up to the first and is playing against the oppositions top players, he is in no way in a more favorable situation, thats just straight up garbage youre talking

I think JVR + Bozak might be closer. But Matthews + Hyman is not ideal for production considering half that duo is an energy line player.

Sorry my opinion offends you.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
My point is that 91% is outrageously high and it will likely come down. I'm not taking anything away from him, he's off to a tremendous start. But there is lot to suggest that he is due for a pretty significant slow down.
sure bring it down to an average of 10% for the rest of the season, thats 30+ goals and therefore a more productive season than both leafs last year
good enough for me

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
One has played 28 games, the other has played 100 games and 126 games.
Factor in the sample size difference and people's bias based on draft position and the results are obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad