• Vancouver Fan saying Marner

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
You think he's going to continue shooting at >20%? Or getting a point on 91% of Vancouver goals scored while he's on the ice.

Ok lol.

You think Boeser is under a beneficial circumstance being thrown against top pairings while ignore the beneficial circumstances that Nylander and Marner are in.

Dat bias you have tho.

Reactions: nucks88

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Brock Boeser has tracked excellently and experienced fantastic results in every league he's played in. He isn't some middle round pick who came out nowhere and is having a good start to the season, he's an excellent prospect who is continuing his excellence at the NHL level. Sure his shooting % is high but it's absurd to expect him to be scoring at ~90 point pace, if he scored ~30 goals and ~65 points in his rookie season i don't see how he isn't at least comparable to Nylander and Marner.

Reactions: nucks88

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yes his shooting % is not sustainable but he's hardly someone who you can say is benefiting when compared to these players and their circumstances.
Marner and Nylander have hit plenty of posts and crossbars too though. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Boeser's production to drop. He's also a negative possession player unlike the Leafs guys

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
1) Marner
2)Nylander
3)Boeser
Nylander
Marner

Boeser

This is not to say Boeser does not look like a good prospect, but he is 20 games into his nhl career. Whereas Nylander and Marner both put up 60+ point rookie seasons.
cant wait till boeser shuts people like y'all up, just like every canucks prospect

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Nylander / Marner
Boeser

Wouldn't be shocked to see Boeser score more goals but the Leafs duo are much better play drivers. Boeser is off to a great start but he's also benefitting from some great puck luck.
it was his skating before he came in the nhl, now hes lighting it up and its his puck luck. curious to see what you will come up with when he finishes the season with solid numbers.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
how is he not benefiting from puck luck? he has a shooting percentage of 21%. Marner and Nylander are at 5 and 6.5% respectively
well i wasnt expecting him to get 47 goals either, obviously his sh% will go down but by how much at this rate hes a lock for 30 which is quite a bit higher than nylander and marner. at this point its close but if boeser ends up with 3o goals 65 points on the year he will be the easy choice here.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
well i wasnt expecting him to get 47 goals either, obviously his sh% will go down but by how much at this rate hes a lock for 30 which is quite a bit higher than nylander and marner. at this point its close but if boeser ends up with 3o goals 65 points on the year he will be the easy choice here.
sure but if their sh% were switched, Nylander would have 13 goals and Boeser would have like 3 goals so far. He's been far luckier

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You said he is not as good a play driver as the Leaf duo and that is false

I think it's certainly true, and I think most neutral fans would agree.

it was his skating before he came in the nhl, now hes lighting it up and its his puck luck. curious to see what you will come up with when he finishes the season with solid numbers.

Are you disputing the fact that he's had extraordinary puck luck? He's got a point on 91% of goals scored while he's on the ice, during which the Canucks have scored 60% more goals than their xGF predicts. Do you think those trends will continue?

You haven't watched anything since you just inaccurately claimed that he's not a play driver.

I didn't make that claim.

I wouldn't say he's a lock for 30 by any means. He's averaging about 2.78 shots per game. He'll need 19 goals in his final 61 games. If he's able to maintain the same shooting pace, he'll need to shoot at 11% over that period. I think he could definitely do it, but I think a) his shooting pace is likely to fall off over the course of the season and b) he's due for a bit of a sh% slump.

I've got him at 24g 49p if he plays the full season.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Nylander
Boeser/Marner -- this one is really close. I think Boeser will probably put up more points since he's more likely to be given the spotlight than Marner, but they'll ultimately be a similar level of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad