• Vancouver Fan saying Marner

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Interested to se how Boeser stands right now against the two Leafs young stars

Question Which player do you take going forward?

And Toronto fans could just vote who is the best player if they vote on either Marner or Nylander

Last edited:

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Tbh I don't know who to vote for. My favorite stylistically is nylander but Boeser's goal scoring so far has been very impressive and marner has elite play making skills. Right now I have them as nylander> marner> boeser but I do feel like that could change

Mar 26, 2010
1) Marner
2)Nylander
3)Boeser
Nylander
Marner

Boeser

This is not to say Boeser does not look like a good prospect, but he is 20 games into his nhl career. Whereas Nylander and Marner both put up 60+ point rookie seasons.

Reactions: Morgs and bert

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Good, because it would be insane to rank BB a tier above
And it is equally insane to rank the two Leaf prospects a tier above.
I think Boeser and Nylander are very close and Marner a bit behind but you can make reasonable arguments for any order.
But I also agree that Boeser needs to have a complete season. The first quarter of his rookie year has certainly been amazing.

Last edited:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
If this comparison is a legitimate one, I’ve gotta double back and watch more of Boeser. Haven’t seen much of him, but I didn’t come away overly impressed in my limited viewing.

Here I thought Vancouver was a team I didn’t have to pay attention to this year. :laugh: Glad to see Travis Green having some success.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Canucks fan going with Boeser because I’ve seen him play the most and feel comfortable that he’s the real deal.

Nylander and Marner are great too though.

I’d put Nylander 2 and Marner 3.

Hard question to not answer as ‘Boeser’ for Canucks fans right now as he just scored 2 goals in each of back to back games on the road.

If you ask the question 40-50 games into the season when he has 3 assists in an 8 game span, the voting might look a lot different (‘I knew his skating would hold him back’).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Nylander / Marner
Boeser

Wouldn't be shocked to see Boeser score more goals but the Leafs duo are much better play drivers. Boeser is off to a great start but he's also benefitting from some great puck luck.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Nylander / Marner
Boeser

Wouldn't be shocked to see Boeser score more goals but the Leafs duo are much better play drivers. Boeser is off to a great start but he's also benefitting from some great puck luck.
Again with the "luck"...what do you guys put in your turkeys? :laugh: As for not driving the play you really should try watching Boeser play, he is not just a shooter.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Again with the "luck"...what do you guys put in your turkeys? :laugh: As for not driving the play you really should try watching Boeser play, he is not just a shooter.

Look at his xGF and on ice shooting percentage and get back to me.

You'll also have to show me where I said he is only a shooter.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Think Marner and Nylander are about even but I would put them clearly a tier above Boeser for now, until proven otherwise. I think Nylander and Marner have facets in their skillset that make them elite, creative talents (particularly their skating).

With Boeser, he's a good finisher and has a very strong/sturdy stick but I'm not sure his productivity so far his translatable over a large sample size, versus someone like say Keller...Still a hell of a player but I'd need to see more before I label him an elite talent.

I think the numbers argument on Boeser is fair, he's riding high on some numbers right now, like his SH%, I don't doubt he's a high-end finisher but I'm not convinced right now, he's a potentially game-breaking talent like the aforementioned.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Nylander / Marner
Boeser

Benefiting from some puck luck ?Clearly you don't seem to understand how he has hit several posts/cross bars.

Boeser is benefiting from nothing especially when he faces against tough line top pairings unlike Marner and doesn't play with Matthews like Nylander has the luxury to do.

Reactions: nucks88

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Benefiting from some puck luck ?Clearly you don't seem to understand how he has hit several posts/cross bars.

Boeser is benefiting from nothing especially when he faces against tough line top pairings unlike Marner and doesn't play with Matthews like Nylander has the luxury to do.
how is he not benefiting from puck luck? he has a shooting percentage of 21%. Marner and Nylander are at 5 and 6.5% respectively

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Boeser is benefiting from nothing especially when he faces against tough line top pairings unlike Marner and doesn't play with Matthews like Nylandrt has the luxury to do.

You think he's going to continue shooting at >20%? Or getting a point on 91% of Vancouver goals scored while he's on the ice.

Ok lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad