Votes: 420 67.6%
  • Keep Marner

Votes: 182 29.3%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 19 3.1%

• Total voters

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
In our typical 89 game season, Marner is great for the first 86 games, then his play plummets for the last 3 when the stakes are highest. His production goes way down, he's no noticeable on the ice most of the time and when he is noticed, it's often for doing dumb shit like taking penalties for flipping the puck over the glass which he somehow managed to do 5 times in 4 playoffs, the rest of the team combined doing it a total of only 6 times during that time. Then there was game 3 where with the season on the line against Florida, he was fumbling the puck as if he was a nervous wreck playing his for game as a professional.

So it's about 97% of the time when he's fantastic, it's just that that other 3% when he's average at best comes at the worst possible time, with the season on the line. If it wasn't for that 3%, everyone would be a fan, nobody would be complaining about his contract and we'd probably have won a few more playoff series by now but instead, he's the most polarizing player the Leafs have had over the last 50 years, maybe ever.

It has to be a between the ears issue, at least I can't think of anything else that makes sense. Either those in charge have now hired the best sports shrinks money can buy to work with him, or they're incompetent. JMHO.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
wonder how much of his pay was due to him winning a trophy in junior hockey, lol.

i wonder of mitchy himself is reliving those glory days as well. unlikely, I think his glory day is pay check day every two weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad