Mitch Marner Discussion - 2016/17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Your entire post is about how we can’t be excited about one of our top prospects... and then you go after two posters who stated what your post was 95% about... go back to the Canucks board

Not to mention you’d trade Matthews for Dvorak + LOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLOLOOL

And the last line I bolded is 100% trolling... Matthews may be in his second year “proâ€, but you obviously haven’t been following Nylander then HAHAHA because this is his 3rd or 4th year pro

Ohhh didn't realize he was a canuck fan I was on my phone. Makes total sense should of paid more attention. The Virtanan salt.

StatsNightHero

Mar 25, 2014
The joke is how both of you fixated on that 1 part of my post while ignoring the point , great comprehension skills there boys . Here let me make this simple for you , Mitch Marner will be the best player in the league when/if he grows into his body . Is that simple enough for you ?

PS Nylander is already better than Mathews who for the record is in his second year of playing Pro with Men not boys . Deal with the reality .

Marner's potential is really high but so is Matthew's. And Nylander is in his 3rd year playing against men. If Marner came to camp last year at the same level Matthews came this year he'd be in his second pro year as well. Marner will continue to get better as he physically matures, but not everyone's body type allows them to turn into a high octane refrigerator on skates. It looks to me that he is built more like Nugent Hopkins then Tyler Seguin. So he can get stronger but limit your expectations if you are expecting him to turn into a 6 foot 210 pound beast.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Please stop pumping his tires , he is better when he feels he has to prove something , he knows all his linemates in London went in the top ten and put up over 100 points each in the OHL , He is the reason I didn't want to keep Mathews I would send him home to Arizona for Devo plus in a heartbeat because Devo knows how to play with this kid and nothing beats chemistry ask Edmonton about having the top picks and no chemistry . Marner if he stays healthy and grows into his body like Nylander has will break all records at this level the way he did in the OHL but lets keep that our little secret for as long as possible eh ! let the world think Mathews is the Man when he isn't really in the top 2 .

Nylander and Marner's potential is indeed sky high but there is literally no scenario where trading a franchise centremen will work out for the team...:

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Please stop pumping his tires , he is better when he feels he has to prove something , he knows all his linemates in London went in the top ten and put up over 100 points each in the OHL , He is the reason I didn't want to keep Mathews I would send him home to Arizona for Devo plus in a heartbeat because Devo knows how to play with this kid and nothing beats chemistry ask Edmonton about having the top picks and no chemistry . Marner if he stays healthy and grows into his body like Nylander has will break all records at this level the way he did in the OHL but lets keep that our little secret for as long as possible eh ! let the world think Mathews is the Man when he isn't really in the top 2 .

This is a really bad post and you should feel bad.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

What in the name of god? Devo, as in....Christian Dvorak? :biglaugh: oh dear god please tell me this is a joke. :biglaugh: I can't even... :biglaugh:

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Marner and Willie, with their puny size and the way they navigate in and out of traffic, just get that feeling that some 230lb rat with 3 career points is eventually going to catch them with their head down and launch them into space.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
The Arizona board is pretty salty on Strome right now. Read a post where someone was whining that they could have had Matthews at #3 if he was 3 days older ... if not for the hockey GODS.

Most think Strome is struggling ... and might get sent to Erie.

I never liked Strome ... saw him as another Ryan Strome. Many players in that draft that were better ... Marner, Zacha, Hanifin ... and the list goes on.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

Congrats for making this thread a joke after half a page, usually takes a few to get going.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Electric. He's incredible. Not only is he an offensive weapon, he's involved in the play in every zone. So smart. Love this kid

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON

Chicago should have traded Toews for Gagner since he and Kane had chemistry eh? Ridiculous

Crazy Vaclav

Put it in H
Jul 21, 2010
GTA
Looks like we found Don Cherry's hfboards account

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
The joke is how both of you fixated on that 1 part of my post while ignoring the point , great comprehension skills there boys . Here let me make this simple for you , Mitch Marner will be the best player in the league when/if he grows into his body . Is that simple enough for you ?

PS Nylander is already better than Mathews who for the record is in his second year of playing Pro with Men not boys . Deal with the reality .

19 year old in second pro season isn't Hart candidate DEAL WITH REALITY

Lol kk bud

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This is turning into a very funny thread. Trading Matthews for Dvorak! R u kidding?
Then claiming that Matthews was playing with boys last season.....

Just glad the Leafs have three players that could challenge McDavid for the Hart in the next 10 yrs.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
This is turning into a very funny thread. Trading Matthews for Dvorak! R u kidding?
Then claiming that Matthews was playing with boys last season.....

Just glad the Leafs have three players that could challenge McDavid for the Hart in the next 10 yrs.

Good point...I wonder what the Vegas line is on McDavid vs. The Leafs for number of Hart Trophies won in the next 10-15 years is

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009

You know, growing up as a kid, my grandfather used to smoke a lot. He eventually quit, but it was too late. He developed cancer and died from it. My mother made me swear I'd never smoke, so I'd never have to endure what he did.

Looking back at my life right now, I kind of regret not smoking. Because what you posted just gave me cancer.

niguma

Oct 3, 2008

From the office of John Chayka,

We accept your offer of Auston Matthews for Christian Dvorak and two third rounders.

Thank you very much, Mr. Ferguson Jr. We look forward to more trades in the future.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
You know, growing up as a kid, my grandfather used to smoke a lot. He eventually quit, but it was too late. He developed cancer and died from it. My mother made me swear I'd never smoke, so I'd never have to endure what he did.

Looking back at my life right now, I kind of regret not smoking. Because what you posted just gave me cancer.

I thought you were going to make a comment about him getting stoned, and then you totally went to another level entirely. :P

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd

xShB_5.gif

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

:laugh:

Even Dave Nonis wouldn't condone this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad