Ed Chynoweth Trophy 2016
Robertson Cup Champion 2016
Memorial Cup champion 2016

Cjqzn-PW0AEKLVh.jpg

Last edited:

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Mark my words, Marner will win the calder. Once he really turns on and once bozak and jvr fully grasp how he passes and how he plays he will be a point machine. I love this kid, he has all the makings to become a fan favorite. Born in Toronto, a leafs fan and always doubted because he's small and skinny. He has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
From what I've seen so far Marner has looked better so far at this point in his NHL carrier has looked better than McDavid did.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Sweet Jesus, that second assist was the best of the bunch.
Kicks the puck up to his stick at full speed and hits JVR on the tape.

I am not worthy to even watch ...

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Mark my words, Marner will win the calder. Once he really turns on and once bozak and jvr fully grasp how he passes and how he plays he will be a point machine. I love this kid, he has all the makings to become a fan favorite. Born in Toronto, a leafs fan and always doubted because he's small and skinny. He has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Seen that video of him playing as a kid? Hitting everything, scoring like a demon and back checking?
I see the same kid out there now. Character to spare.

He bleeds blue and white ... future captain.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Seen that video of him playing as a kid? Hitting everything, scoring like a demon and back checking?
I see the same kid out there now. Character to spare.

He bleeds blue and white ... future captain.

Wouldn't be a bad option, but I really think that Matthews will be our next Captain....

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Matthews, Marner and Nylander are now leading this team in scoring!

Gosh, I hope we never break these three apart. Other forwards can come and go, but watching these three grow together in Toronto is just too good a storyline for years down the road.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Please stop pumping his tires , he is better when he feels he has to prove something , he knows all his linemates in London went in the top ten and put up over 100 points each in the OHL , He is the reason I didn't want to keep Mathews I would send him home to Arizona for Devo plus in a heartbeat because Devo knows how to play with this kid and nothing beats chemistry ask Edmonton about having the top picks and no chemistry . Marner if he stays healthy and grows into his body like Nylander has will break all records at this level the way he did in the OHL but lets keep that our little secret for as long as possible eh ! let the world think Mathews is the Man when he isn't really in the top 2 .

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Please stop pumping his tires , he is better when he feels he has to prove something , he knows all his linemates in London went in the top ten and put up over 100 points each in the OHL , He is the reason I didn't want to keep Mathews I would send him home to Arizona for Devo plus in a heartbeat because Devo knows how to play with this kid and nothing beats chemistry ask Edmonton about having the top picks and no chemistry . Marner if he stays healthy and grows into his body like Nylander has will break all records at this level the way he did in the OHL but lets keep that our little secret for as long as possible eh ! let the world think Mathews is the Man when he isn't really in the top 2 .

Matthews still impressed me more. Trading Matthews is crazy talk. How about we have him, Marner, and Nylander for a long long time? Plus, if it turns out that Matthews will end up being 3rd best out of all of them that would mean that Toronto has had a dynasty of some sort.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Wait is this a joke. I trade 2 marners before I trade Matthews. And I have no interest in trading Marner that's how untouchable Matthews is. Better yet let's keep all 3 their whole careers

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
The joke is how both of you fixated on that 1 part of my post while ignoring the point , great comprehension skills there boys . Here let me make this simple for you , Mitch Marner will be the best player in the league when/if he grows into his body . Is that simple enough for you ?

PS Nylander is already better than Mathews who for the record is in his second year of playing Pro with Men not boys . Deal with the reality .

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC

The joke is how both of you fixated on that 1 part of my post while ignoring the point , great comprehension skills there boys . Here let me make this simple for you , Mitch Marner will be the best player in the league when/if he grows into his body . Is that simple enough for you ?

PS Nylander is already better than Mathews who for the record is in his second year of playing Pro with Men not boys . Deal with the reality .

Your entire post is about how we can’t be excited about one of our top prospects... and then you go after two posters who stated what your post was 95% about... go back to the Canucks board

Not to mention you’d trade Matthews for Dvorak + LOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLOLOOL

And the last line I bolded is 100% trolling... Matthews may be in his second year “pro”, but you obviously haven’t been following Nylander then HAHAHA because this is his 3rd or 4th year pro

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Great, why even mention Matthews then just say Marner will be the best in the league? Matthews is a miles better version of Dvorak. Who cares who is 1,2 or 3rd best player fact of the matter is when they are all in prime any of the 3 would be the best player on a lot of teams. But yeah let's trade Matthews for an inferior player because he played with Marner in jr, the plus would have to be better than Dvorak in this scenario

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
it almost is worth giving up the past 10 years of my life being a leafs fan to see these kids out there on the ice.

what a treat to watch matthews, marner, and nylander. Bobby Mac said something along the lines during intermission last night that between these 3 at least one of them is going to do something special EVERY game.

i suspect bozak and jvr are going to get going now. it took them a few games to understand that marner can make the impossible possible so they need to always be ready. the passes on the 2nd and 3rd goal were amazing when you think they were coming from this little 19 year old rookie that many thought would not be able to make the team this year. no look passes right on the tape. what a treat to see marner. local boy as well :popcorn:

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Precious lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad