Mitch Marner Discussion - 2016/17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I said from day 1 he will be a better point producer then Eichel and he is not dissapointing me

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Is Duthie drunk? I wouldn't trade any of MNM alone for Trouba let alone add haha.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
He's a stud.

So far...

NHL Rookie scoring leaders:

Matthews 1st
Nylander 2nd
Marner tied for 3rd
Zaitsev tied for 4th

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
You think that these 3 kids are good now?
Just wait a couple of years when they get stronger and more experienced.
And that also goes for Reilly, a 22 year old still learning how to play defense in the NHL.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
What's amazing is how ordinary the 3 kids make pretty good NHLers like JVR and Kadri look.

MarnerAwardsCrop-730x475.jpg

Besides all the talent, I like the fire in this kids belly. You can see when he gets hit or chirped, the next shift he comes out determined.

He isn't physically mature. Once he gets a bit stronger, oh yeah.:)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Marner is going to be Giroux like. It's amazing to watch him play with and without the puck. He has shut everyone up who mentioned size. He's looked great so far. 6/7 games he's been absolute dynamite. Glad to see some luck go his way.

What a great start for all three of our young studs.

Mar 14, 2015
Great game! He deserved this, been playing good and hard, keep it up!

Really get the feeling that I want him to play as a center.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Brings a tear to my eye. It's almost unbelievable how much elite young talent we were able to amass in such a short time.

Short time ? :laugh:

Do you understand how many Luke Schenn's and Jiri Tlusty's we had to bust on before we hit the nail on the head? Biggs? Gauthier? We've busted on a lot of 1st round picks. Law of average says you will get it right eventually... this was not short rebuilding process :laugh: we have been bad for a long time. Nice to see Marner, Matthews, Nylander play well, they seem to be panning out. Generally speaking, once you prove your self as a 70 ish point player, you lock in. It's hard to find an example of someone significantly regressing in their prime. Hopefully they continue and all have great years.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Short time ? :laugh:

Do you understand how many Luke Schenn's and Jiri Tlusty's we had to bust on before we hit the nail on the head? Biggs? Gauthier? We've busted on a lot of 1st round picks. Law of average says you will get it right eventually... this was not short rebuilding process :laugh: we have been bad for a long time. Nice to see Marner, Matthews, Nylander play well, they seem to be panning out. Generally speaking, once you prove your self as a 70 ish point player, you lock in. It's hard to find an example of someone significantly regressing in their prime. Hopefully they continue and all have great years.

Well I'm not sure I'd count failed attempts at being good as rebuilding. And most of those picks where by a different management group. This one has had everything go their way so far.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
so, I guess we will hear no more silliness about 9 game tryouts or sitting in the press box? Why would you press box one of your top players???
So happy with Mitch!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad