Prospect Info: Mitch Marner - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Old thread is full. Here is the new one.

Previous: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2004493

Prospect Info: Mitch Marner - Player Discussion ‎(
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Last edited by a moderator:

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
No, the goal in Peterborough.

London's 2nd goal this game is Mitch's 99th point per the OHL website. However including the one in Peterborough, it would be his 100th. The puck was picked up for the 2nd goal in today's game.

Either way, he's at 100 now. Congrats Mitch :handclap:

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Assists on London's 3rd goal should be Tkachuk-Juolevi so even if the Peterborough assist doesn't get fixed, they evened out. So should be 102 points corrections or no corrections.

B2B 100 (and counting) point seasons!

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Assists on London's 3rd goal should be Tkachuk-Juolevi so even if the Peterborough assist doesn't get fixed, they evened out. So should be 102 points corrections or no corrections.

B2B 100 (and counting) point seasons!

Course they corrected this one in a hurry... Oh well.

Evileye

Jul 20, 2002
Visit site
Your example is flawed, and kind of rediculous.

It was a waste of my time to read it.

Let's see, your argument is big plus skill always beats small plus skill.
Wow! what's next 2+1 is more than 1+1?
Glad I read your argument because I definitely learned something new.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Last 11 games
10 goals 27 points

Wish he was playing more C this year.

If he goes back to London next season this would probably be the only benefit; playing C for a whole season.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Why? His production as a center is wayyy below what he's been able to produce at wing.

I don't think he makes a more desirable center than Willie in any case and would prefer if they had a more physically robust guy in the 2nd spot. If not Matthews then then someone less flashy would be just fine. I think Marner, if he pans out, will be a guy that drives the offense on a line and as long as his center has some decent hands, the line can produce well.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I'm going to say this and it probably won't be the most popular. But it seems to be looking true for the most part.

Most, not all, but it seems most of the majority who are unsure of Marner are the older generation of posters. I hate to label, but...

Back in the day, smaller players didn't make it. Usually the bigger boys would make it, even if they were void of skill, they could still rough and tumble their way around. Or if they were smaller, they were all crash and bangers like Clark.

The small and skilled guy rarely made it, so naturally, the older generation would be weary. Times have changed and its time to get on board.

Again I hate to label, but it seems most who preferred Hanifin or another selection are older posters here.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I'm going to say this and it probably won't be the most popular. But it seems to be looking true for the most part.

Most, not all, but it seems most of the majority who are unsure of Marner are the older generation of posters. I hate to label, but...

Back in the day, smaller players didn't make it. Usually the bigger boys would make it, even if they were void of skill, they could still rough and tumble their way around. Or if they were smaller, they were all crash and bangers like Clark.

The small and skilled guy rarely made it, so naturally, the older generation would be weary. Times have changed and its time to get on board.

Again I hate to label, but it seems most who preferred Hanifin or another selection are older posters here.
... I can only speak for myself and am an older poster and I was ecstatic when they drafted Marner. Now we have to hope he can translate his skill to the NHL.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

Really agreeing with this post/theory. I havent had the guts to write this post yet, but ill jump on this train of thought.
Instead of calling them old though, "traditional" is a better word to not offend so many bald/grey haired folks ;)

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Where is the age of posters posted? You are guessing.

I was at the last Stanley cup Parade and love Marner.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

I love it when a poster has the guts to expose their own ignorance. Refreshing. Thanks.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Hmm that is a theory, but older posters would most likely be used to smaller players.
Hockey players turned into giants in the 90's.
Biliveau was a freak because he was 6'3" with skills at 200+ lbs. His size gave him a huge edge.
So, the phenomenon of big nhl players is actually quite new so maybe if you are a teenager or 20 something you wouldn't be used to smaller players.
Iirc it was the big bad Bruins and the broad street bullies that started the size growth in the nhl. They showed how to beat other teams (physically) and make them lose (very carlyle)
NHL players have gone from an average of 5-foot-9 and 172 pounds in 1920 to 5-foot-11, 180 by 1955, 6-foot and 190 in 1980 and then, finally, up to the 6-foot-1, 205 pounds hockey players have averaged the last 15 years or so.

Last edited:

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Hmm that is a theory, but older posters would most likely be used to smaller players.
Hockey players turned into giants in the 90's.
Biliveau was a freak because he was 6'3" with skills at 200+ lbs. His size gave him a huge edge.
So, the phenomenon of big nhl players is actually quite new so maybe if you are a teenager or 20 something you would be used to smaller players.
Iirc it was the big bad Bruins and the broad street bullies that started the size growth in the nhl. They showed how to beat other teams (physically) and make them lose (very carlyle)

Was going to post this exact thing. Well said and completely accurate. The poster is ignorant and not taking a look at simple facts. Anyone who watched hockey decades ago were used to an NHL filled with smaller skilled players, and small goalies were the norm.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Was going to post this exact thing. Well said and completely accurate. The poster is ignorant and not taking a look at simple facts. Anyone who watched hockey decades ago were used to an NHL filled with smaller skilled players, and small goalies were the norm.

Ya it's very interesting what people come up with.
Kids now a days I tell ya! Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland