Prospect Info: Mitch Marner - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I've always been a good fan of doubling down on this kind of stuff. Matthews and Nylander as the dynamic 1-2 punch in the coming years :)

Don't like to hope Nylander becomes that, basically putting all of our eggs in 1 basket that way.

Oh I can get behind that idea! So long as there's no discredit to Nylander being an elite prospect with elite center potential. :)

Go with a
JVR - Matthews marner
Xxx-Nylander-kadri

Makes me wonder though if getting Matthews would make Nylander a better or worse player over his career.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Oh I can get behind that idea! So long as there's no discredit to Nylander being an elite prospect with elite center potential. :)

Go with a
JVR - Matthews marner
Xxx-Nylander-kadri

Makes me wonder though if getting Matthews would make Nylander a better or worse player over his career.

IF, big if, we get Matthews - I would like to develop properly. Keep him and Nylander on 2nd/3rd line mins.

---
Komarov-Kadri-Soshnikov
---
JvR-Nylander-Kapanen
Michalek-Matthews-Marner
---
Have atleast 1 vet on each line. Let them learn and grow.
I actually really like that lineup, would be exciting next year. The vets remain locked, and young C's + W's can rotate around to find chemistry - would be a good way to get them comfortable.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Go with a
JVR - Matthews marner
Xxx-Nylander-kadri

I think if we landed both of them as centres, 1 of Bozak/Kadri stays, the other one departs for defense help.

JVR-Matthews-Marner (in the future) would be sweet

Not sure who figures to be Nylander's wingers long term

We certainly have a lot of wingers in our prospect pool (Leivo, Timashov, Brown, Lindberg, Johnson, Kapanen, and Bracco). I am hoping we can answer that internally.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Going to the game tonight, Marner vs. Dermott.

I've been pretty down lately, so I'm excited to go tonight.

This is a must see game .. Looking forward myself as London verses Erie is always a great battle of 2 of the best teams in the OHL..

I'll watch the Leafs on TV and Marner verses Strome on the laptop.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Whoever she is I doubt she sits near me.
I heard the hot dogs are pretty good ..
This is a must see game .. Looking forward myself as London verses Erie is always a great battle of 2 of the best teams in the OHL..

I'll watch the Leafs on TV and Marner verses Strome on the laptop.

Yup. I had to get tickets for this game, couldn't pass up the opportunity to see my 2 favourite prospects in a very important game with my favourite team.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I heard the hot dogs are pretty good ..

My little girl wants to go to Real Sports, may try the $28 Chicken Wings.

Fingers crossed, the Stubhub gods will smile on me and this will be the last game I'll have to attend this year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
My little girl wants to go to Real Sports, may try the $28 Chicken Wings.

Fingers crossed, the Stubhub gods will smile on me and this will be the last game I'll have to attend this year.

Unless you're getting 30 wings (3 lbs), that seems a little ridiculous for wings lol.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
IF, big if, we get Matthews - I would like to develop properly. Keep him and Nylander on 2nd/3rd line mins.

---
Komarov-Kadri-Soshnikov
---
JvR-Nylander-Kapanen
Michalek-Matthews-Marner

---
Have atleast 1 vet on each line. Let them learn and grow.
I actually really like that lineup, would be exciting next year. The vets remain locked, and young C's + W's can rotate around to find chemistry - would be a good way to get them comfortable.

I like that
My hope is that it turns into this

Michalek-Matthews-Marner
JvR-Nylander-Kapanen
Komarov-Kadri-Soshnikov

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yup. I had to get tickets for this game, couldn't pass up the opportunity to see my 2 favourite prospects in a very important game with my favourite team.

Marner has faced Dermott 3 X this year already and Travis has held him in check.

Marner has 1-3-4 points in the 3 games (goal coming EN).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad