Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Lazarev had a game where he stopped over 50 shots during the Ottawa series last year as the Trout lost that game. Fortunately he didn't stand on his head after that. You never know with goalies.......................

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Kingston website mentioned the hit and the penalties but claimed no one was hurt during this game, assuming he is going to be on the ice when Kingston starts, glad to see he isn't out.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Sure would hurt having him out, hopefully the league goes light on him, as he isn’t normally like that. Hague only got two last year during the playoffs and that was a major foul that resulted in a concussion so who knows what he may get.
Media Notes – Ontario Hockey League
Four games for Matt Foget- the four game suspension for the brilliant Russian kid from Barrie should off set things somewhat.
Tough to lose the chemistry that Foget and Tippett have developed for four games.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Unfortunate to lose Foget for 4 games but it more than cancelled out with Svechnikov being suspended as well. Big blow to Barrie's chances and let's see if the Steelheads can advantage right out of the gate!

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, that is a break for the Trout having Svechnikov out for four as well. I guess he drove a player head first into the glass. Will be interesting to see how each club modifies their lines.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Can't believe that game 1 is already tonight! Excited for what should be one of the best series of round 1. Disappointing that it looks like the game won't be on TV/Rogers

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I thought there is a viewing party at Dave and Busters, received a email from the Steelheads.

I am going to the game tonight and am ironically in Barrie now right by the rink as I often work out of the office. Looks like a second trip up the 400 tonight. Looking forward to playoff hockey.

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
A really good road win for the fish. Their speed was difficult for the Colts to handle. Goal keeping was very good. Keep it up boys.
Go Fish!!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The last minute of the second period is where it began to unravel for the Colts.
Curious about something, with less then 2 seconds on the clock when the penalty shot was called. There was no way McLeod was going to score before the buzzer even if he wasn't tripped up, I believe there was 1.3 left. Should a penalty let alone a penalty shot have been called? In Football a defender will not be penalized even if he commits a infractuon if the pass is ruled uncatchable. Wonder if that really was a correct call.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Ingham had a soft one on the first goal and was very slow on a wrap around, but was solid there in. Gibson had a good game, he is very good with his stick, twice worked the puck off a forward in front of the net.

I expect a sense of urgency from the Colts monday however.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
As far as I know Rogers TV is showing the entire series, and will have the Barrie crew doing the games from the Hershey Centre.

Thanks I figured but it wasn't on the listings up until yesterday. Also is that the usual play by play guy for the Colts? I found he was doing a terrible job following the play

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
What a great game! Started out a little slow but after that the big boys all came to play! Both McLeods and Tippett played like 1st round NHL picks last night! And great adjustment on the PP by the coaching staff. Barrie looked like they were trying to defend the point shots from Hague and Tippett and the Trout kept it low and generated a ton of chances and two goals

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Barrie managed 3 shots on the final period. The Trout played well defensively, Barrie didn't get the chances the Trout were giving up earlier this year. Nice shorty by the McLeods, Missy took advantage of Barrie mistakes, nothing like what they looked like in Dec and Jan. This series will likely have a few twists and turns to come.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
Nice to see more names on the Steelheads HF board. There are a number of kids on the Fish who have something to prove to doubters and it really has been evident for the last few games that the team is playing with emotion and determination. I am really excited and looking forward to watching their playoff run.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yes, it is nice to see the team getting some attention, and one reason to hope for a good run is too see some of these guys while you can, pretty exciting team.

Gibson had been very steady and much better over the last while. He has been good at stick checking away a close call in front of the net. They need that kind of unsung play that isn't on highlights. As another regular poster pointed out a while ago, apologies for not remembering, they have been winning the puck battles along the boards more often then not.

Exciting game, even more so with the win, the last 65 seconds or so of the second period were something to watch with the quick turnover that Tippet scored on, then the subsequent PShot.

I expect the Colts to regroup and come out with a flurry for game 2. I think they will see a better Colts team on Mon.

Reactions: Wolf2406

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The first weekend without hockey for months, got a few things done that I haven't had time for, but looking forward to the next two nights. Glad to see Missy with the lead in the series, takes a lot of pressure off the next one, still have home ice with a split. Barrie needs this one and have the talent to storm out of the gate, they will want to get a lead more so then ever.

Credit to the Trout D, much better defensive zone play, less two chasing one and the forwards have been filling in on defense pinching in the offensive zone.

Barrie can open this up quickly, as can the Trout, looking forward to the next game, still could go either way.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
The next 4 four days should be great and the Trout have a good chance to grab a hold of this series if they can win 2 of the next 3. Barrie has the talent for sure so you can never count them out, I was still a bit nervous until Tippett scored to make it 6-2.

Yup credit where credit is due, Hague and Co. managed to limit the chances Barrie had for sure. Made it an easier game for Ingham which is exactly what the team needs to do to be successful

Reactions: Wolf2406

Wolf2406

Jan 15, 2018
The next 4 four days should be great and the Trout have a good chance to grab a hold of this series if they can win 2 of the next 3. Barrie has the talent for sure so you can never count them out, I was still a bit nervous until Tippett scored to make it 6-2.

Yup credit where credit is due, Hague and Co. managed to limit the chances Barrie had for sure. Made it an easier game for Ingham which is exactly what the team needs to do to be successful
It has been fun watching Carter and Luchuk play against each other. They were line mates and good friends during their years in Windsor and appear to be going head to head fairly often based on my observations of Friday’s game.
Looks like we have some exciting entertaining games coming up. Tonight’s game will certainly be an important one for the Trout.
Go Fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad