Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: September edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I agree. Patrick had a similar surgery to Ghost and Giroux had last season correct?
probably wont see him get his legs and skating for a little bit.

That is correct. I think it is fairly obvious that Ghost's and Giroux's lateral movement was effected by the surgery.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That is correct. I think it is fairly obvious that Ghost's and Giroux's lateral movement was effected by the surgery.

Part of it is the fear of not wanting to reinjure. It takes a while to get over that fear.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Butcher with 3 points QBing the PP. I am wondering what Avs fans are thinking. It doesn't mean anything long-term, and I have no opinion on him, but they were going hard saying Butcher was not an NHL player, barely a top 20 prospect for them, and that it was no big deal they didn't sign him. I mean I don't want to see the Devils gain anything here, but it is another Nelson HA HA! moment for the Avs today :laugh:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Canucks are sitting Boeser after he tore up pre-season and his small sample last spring.....what are they doing? :laugh:

Do these quotes sound familiar? Coach Green: “He’s going to play, he’s going to get his chance. It’s just one game, we’ve set our lineup to put against a real good Edmonton team.......[Boeser’s] going to get his chance, it’s not like he’s going to sit here for a month.”

After being one of the worst teams in the league, they are starting the season with 0 rookies.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The Canucks are sitting Boeser after he tore up pre-season and his small sample last spring.....what are they doing? :laugh:

Do these quotes sound familiar? Coach Green: “He’s going to play, he’s going to get his chance. It’s just one game, we’ve set our lineup to put against a real good Edmonton team.......[Boeser’s] going to get his chance, it’s not like he’s going to sit here for a month.”

After being one of the worst teams in the league, they are starting the season with 0 rookies.

Exactly why I don't think most GMs are good at their job, that team is trending downwards and trading the Sedin twins (if they were ok with it) would have been smart a year or two ago. Retain 50% on both of them and return solid value.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You’re right. We just need to find our McDavid.
wade-allison.jpg

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
He has made a bunch of big saves in the 3rd. Hey Ron Hextall.... the 1986 Habs played 11 rookies on their squad that year and won the cup!!

I looked up that roster on a whim, man I didn't realize how good that team really was. Roy, Robinson, Carbonneau, Chelios, Gainey, Mats Naslund, Nilan, Claude Lemieux, yikes. That team had talent and they could kick your ass if you got outta line.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Flyers have 4, but lots of people are still freaking out about Hextall, at least on twitter.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Might have been difficult to move both the Sedin twins even at 50 percent retained to a contender. I am not sure they would agree to leave anyway. They would have to be convinced to leave only to a contender.

I believe they don’t want to leave anyway. I think their fans have given up any idea of trading them at this point for reasons you stated but I think their biggest concern is they get extensions past this year.

Their fans just want to move on & do a proper rebuild. Whether ownership & management sees it that way who knows.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I believe they don’t want to leave anyway. I think their fans have given up any idea of trading them at this point for reasons you stated but I think their biggest concern is they get extensions past this year.

Their fans just want to move on & do a proper rebuild. Whether ownership & management sees it that way who knows.

I get it is probably difficult to move on from 2 players that have meant more to that franchise than anyone in recent memory. But it is the right thing to do. IMO

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Butcher with 3 points QBing the PP. I am wondering what Avs fans are thinking. It doesn't mean anything long-term, and I have no opinion on him, but they were going hard saying Butcher was not an NHL player, barely a top 20 prospect for them, and that it was no big deal they didn't sign him. I mean I don't want to see the Devils gain anything here, but it is another Nelson HA HA! moment for the Avs today :laugh:

Their biggest haha moment. Getting forsberg and winning two cups

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Guys, don't over react about the Devils winning, I bet on the Avs.

That's why the Devils looked so good.

I'm trying out a betting system this year with hockey so we'll see how it goes.

Betting the Avalanche to win a second consecutive road game. You must've had a pretty serious trend to go that route. Especially in an afternoon game.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Dorsett playing over Boeser is f***ing hilarious!!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Tallon gave MICHAEL MATHESON 8 years, $40 million

Hahahahaha

I am so sorry I was angry with Hexy over the treatment of the kids.

There are some seriously delusional GMs out there lol

Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad