Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
This team is going to take the first round exit title from Toronto.
And worse now our legit superstar is a f***ing playoff no show and will probably never live that feeling down. He’s be unceremoniously punted without much success 2 years in a row now and I’m sure the feeling that he’s never going to have any success here with this culture of pathetic efforts is building. Boldy has a good pile of stink on him now too after being a complete no show two years straight.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Let’s all consider as well that the stars destroyed the wild without Joe Pavelski for the entire series. You probably could have taken Robertson and Hintz out of the lineup and the stats still would have found a way to win in 7 lol

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Crappy way to end the season but after the game 4 loss i saw this coming and why i took a step back. Hopefully we can move some players this offseason, Zucc and Moose are a couple that come to my head right away. I might be willing to keep Moose if hes been injured all year and if he can learn from his dumb mistakes. It also didnt help our top 2 players were a no show either.

I like Dean he seems to be a pretty good coach and id be willing to give him one more year but hes on the hotseat for me. With the 1st round exits, his history of not succeeding in the playoffs at any level and consistently icing one of the most penalized teams in the league hes gotta start feeling some pressure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Let’s all consider as well that the stars destroyed the wild without Joe Pavelski for the entire series. You probably could have taken Robertson and Hintz out of the lineup and the stats still would have found a way to win in 7 lol
What's your point? We were also without Ek, who I would argue, is more important to us than Pavelski is to the Stars.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
The Wild’s “ heavy “ game didn’t work.
It began before playoffs when Hartman concussed a Jet.
Then Pavelski ( who is loved by the league) was concussed from a clean hit.
The media kept referring to Dumba taking out Pavelski. Even though they looked at it 127 times and rendered it an ok shoulder check with a terrible result.
At that point the “ dirty” reputation was intact.
All that was left was the game 2 attempt to goon it up when game was out of reach. That stupid fatal move was the nail in the coffin.
A great game 3 at home had us all thinking what if.
Then the refs took over.
And to be fair ,a useless Wild PK.
What happened? Didn’t the Wild go like 14 or something in a row PK in March?
Stars 2/3 PP in game 4 I think?
Win 3-2.

The mouth is Foligno
The razxle dazzle through the legs is Kap.
But the composure and the actual never give up leader is the quiet one.

Ek.

I don’t think with any true leadership any team would give up after Foligno hit game 5 -stupid call or not-you move on. One guy with lead hands and Zero play making ability.
The Greef line was about Ek.
The Mojo-Boldy heater was because of Ek strong play and responsibility. I hope all the Boldy lovers hate me but when it counted Boldy shrivelled like my wang on a cold Minnesota day. Ek will go to dirty areas and get punched and cross checked. Boldy shot from perimeter and was not net front. Even till the end the Wild thought distance shots would somehow elude Otter?

I forgot our beloved Gus Bus!
Even he finally lost hope when the Wild couldn’t even score 1 sorry goal game 5 and continued well into game 6.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
They had the better goalie, better coach, better players. Still a massive letdown, as I think Guerin did a solid TDL job getting some guys who can possess the puck. Probably could have also used a James Van Riemsdyk or even a Jordan Greenway to get to the net and cause their guy some stress. But I also thought the refs were blatantly bad at times.

Guys like Kap and Boldy are still learning what it takes in the playoffs and Dallas was prepared to neutralize them.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They had the better goalie, better coach, better players. Still a massive letdown, as I think Guerin did a solid TDL job getting some guys who can possess the puck. Probably could have also used a James Van Riemsdyk or even a Jordan Greenway to get to the net and cause their guy some stress. But I also thought the refs were blatantly bad at times.

Guys like Kap and Boldy are still learning what it takes in the playoffs and Dallas was prepared to neutralize them.
I didn't miss Greenway one bit. With how he was playing, he would have been a nonfactor.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wow. We just blew it. Completely blew it. Bruins and Avs done. Two of the largest obstacles knocked out in the first round. It's now a free for all, and we're golfing.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Wow. We just blew it. Completely blew it. Bruins and Avs done. Two of the largest obstacles knocked out in the first round. It's now a free for all, and we're golfing.
Definitely think we matched up well against Seattle. Would’ve had home ice too (not that it’s mattered for us recently)… That’s Minnesota sports for you.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Definitely think we matched up well against Seattle. Would’ve had home ice too (not that it’s mattered for us recently)… That’s Minnesota sports for you.
It has nothing to do with Minnesota. It’s just a series of unfortunate unrelated events that have no bearing on prior or future events. There are no statistical probabilities or odds able to be assigned because each event occurs in a vacuum unable to be impacted by past events!! I learned that here!!

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
It has nothing to do with Minnesota. It’s just a series of unfortunate unrelated events that have no bearing on prior or future events. There are no statistical probabilities or odds able to be assigned because each event occurs in a vacuum unable to be impacted by past events!! I learned that here!!
Hey, at least you learned something.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I didn’t see anything from the Wild to suggest they were capable of an extended run. Our coach is out there playing checkers while his opponents play chess and our talent shortage was obvious when Gus wasn’t a brick wall.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yah , I learned that some members here don’t understand what odds or probabilities mean.
You do know odds and probabilities are two different things even, right?

If everything happens solely based on them, why even bother trying to build a good front office and coaching staff, and who gives a damn who is on the roster, as odds and probabilities says we'll win eventually anyway... right? Decisions and actions don't really matter. Save money, sign only scrubs.... see how those odds and probabilities work out.

Again, odds and probabilities don't suddenly turn bad decisions good. All they can do is "try" to predict outcomes, they have no real affect on anything at all.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You do know odds and probabilities are two different things even, right?

If everything happens solely based on them, why even bother trying to build a good front office and coaching staff, and who gives a damn who is on the roster, as odds and probabilities says we'll win eventually anyway... right? Decisions and actions don't really matter. Save money, sign only scrubs.... see how those odds and probabilities work out.

Again, odds and probabilities don't suddenly turn bad decisions good. All they can do is "try" to predict outcomes, they have no real affect on anything at all.
We can examine past events and establish what the odds of the outcomes were. We can look at futures scheduled events and determine what the probability of specific outcomes may be. We can use the major known variables to determine roughly what the outcomes should have been and what they could potentially be. When we make changes to our circumstance we are trying to alter the probability in our favor of specific outcomes we desire to occur. This isn’t hard.

Just given Vegas odds which are a good general view of the probably of a hockey series outcome we can assign what the odds were that an outcome occurred.

I’ve never had a statistic class but I don’t think it’s all that hard to understand. Maybe I’m wrong

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
We can examine past events and establish what the odds of the outcomes were. We can look at futures scheduled events and determine what the probability of specific outcomes may be. We can use the major known variables to determine roughly what the outcomes should have been and what they could potentially be. When we make changes to our circumstance we are trying to alter the probability in our favor of specific outcomes we desire to occur. This isn’t hard.

Just given Vegas odds which are a good general view of the probably of a hockey series outcome we can assign what the odds were that an outcome occurred.

I’ve never had a statistic class but I don’t think it’s all that hard to understand. Maybe I’m wrong
You're still not accounting for the fact that bad decisions tank the odds on the fly

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010

I don't understand what this has to do with being "cursed"

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You're still not accounting for the fact that bad decisions tank the odds on the fly
For sure and what are the odds that someone capable of making that bad decision actually does it????

I don't understand what this has to do with being "cursed"
If the wild lose 80 7 game series in a row and the odds of that occurring we 1 in 1 billion what would you blame it on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad