Feb 21, 2010
So, Wild are going to face the Stars.

Discuss.

cut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TaLoN

JokersWilds

Dec 21, 2022
someone posted the tv schedule but I can't find the thread, do we get 1 of the late games Monday?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Really hoping for a good series but we’ve got so much working against us.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Lets put our speed to use in this series, going to be a task to contain the Robertson line, but I think our guys can do it with team effort. Going to need the depth lines to play well, I think that part of the lineup skews our way. And if Gus is on top of his game, I think our odds are pretty good.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Lets put our speed to use in this series, going to be a task to contain the Robertson line, but I think our guys can do it with team effort. Going to need the depth lines to play well, I think that part of the lineup skews our way. And if Gus is on top of his game, I think our odds are pretty good.
Honestly. I think it comes down to Gus v Otter

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Man I really wish Ek wasn't out. So important defensively. Major issue.

But, we do have healthy d-core that is still, IMO, one of the best shutdowns in the league, and yet can skate (Spurg, Brodin, Dumba, and obviously Klinberg. Faber is decent too).

Let's hope for our G to be HOT and to get Dallas off their game.

I am super excited for Monday either way. I love the playoffs.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Typically in a playoff series the first few games are tight, low scoring high checking games. After the players have grown "fond" of each other and focus more on getting back at each other the mistakes tend to happen and barnburners is common. So please let Gus have a couple of good games early so Flower can have a good seat to see some great action in the X

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Tell ya one thing, there can't be any turtling against the Stars. They have been great at coming back late in games.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
TBH, I think the Avs would've been an easier beat.
Agreed. However, I think the Wild now have two opponents: the Stars and themselves. Failing to get past the first round is in their heads at this point. I would love to see the confidence of this club once they're able to get that monkey off their back.

But I think we're REALLY gonna miss Ek. I know I really underestimated his importance early on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Agreed. However, I think the Wild now have two opponents: the Stars and themselves. Failing to get past the first round is in their heads at this point. I would love to see the confidence of this club once they're able to get that monkey off their back.

But I think we're REALLY gonna miss Ek. I know I really underestimated his importance early on.
I think that he might be MN's most valuable forward...Kaprizov is the best talent, but JEE does everything, and is a massive PITA to play against.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Modano is centering the Kap line, Ciccerilli is playing with Boldy.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Getting all the weekend games is a nice bonus for not having home ice.

I’m really not that afraid of the Stars. Think we match up well, do wish we had Ek though.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I don't like the odds here. Stars are on fire, finished regular season with 6 wins.

Top lines (points, ppg, +/-)

Robertson: 109, 1.33, +37
Hintz: 75, 1.03, +31
Pavelski: 77, 0.94, +42

Kaprizov: 75, 1.12, +4
Hartman: 37, 0.63, +7
Zuccarello: 67, 0.86, -3

Ugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events