Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
No excitement for tomorrow. I wouldn't even be excited unless they're tied or ahead in the 3rd period on Sunday. It's just that inevitable.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Koivu was good. For sure. But, if I recall correctly, it was a pretty precipitous dropoff after him. I mean, it was so bad one year, Riser traded for Dominic Moore, who wasn't good at anything but faceoffs.
Koivu was vg until they started to call cheating on the dot more often. In other words, he was good at cheating.

Reactions: MK9

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Luckily the Gophers’ epic collapse provided some lube for whatever pain the hockey gods have in store for us this weekend.

Reactions: Channelcat

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Koivu was good. For sure. But, if I recall correctly, it was a pretty precipitous dropoff after him. I mean, it was so bad one year, Riser traded for Dominic Moore, who wasn't good at anything but faceoffs.
We had a large chunk of time where we were actually excellent at faceoffs, as even our scrub lines were winning them. Think most of the Yeo/Bruce years we were very good. Some of the late JL years too, but only the late ones.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Is it an optional?
I believe Zucc and Hartman just got a day off. I also think they've decided to keep the top line intact for tomorrow, otherwise those two should've been on the ice today and work with new linemates.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I believe Zucc and Hartman just got a day off. I also think they've decided to keep the top line intact for tomorrow, otherwise those two should've been on the ice today and work with new linemates.
Keeping that top line intact tomorrow would be waving the white flag before the puck drops.

Reactions: TaLoN

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Keeping that top line intact tomorrow would be waving the white flag before the puck drops.
It's just my take. Sounds like there are some banged up players as well, incl top line. We'll see who's good to go.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
League officials have indicated to the Wild that both of Foligno’s minor penalties in Game 4, which led to the Stars taking 1-0 and 3-1 leads, shouldn’t have been penalties. And the fact that the Department of Player Safety didn’t discipline Foligno for his kneeing major on Radek Faksa early in Game 5 shows that it didn’t rise to the level of a suspension or fine, in the league’s eyes. In fact, the league indicated to the Wild and Foligno that refs should have assessed a two-minute tripping minor — not a kneeing major.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
PEDRO!!!!! Glad he split from that crazy chick. Moving on....

The real Pedro!
oFCwEKAdh7n3gqHn9n57sF-320-80.jpg
No idea what any of that means. I searched for a GIF that showed 'not excited' and that dude showed up. Never seen him before.

So, perhaps those officials should no longer be reffing these games. Or at the least, Wild games.

Reactions: fgobuzz and TaLoN

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Reactions: TaLoN

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Foligno is a clown for playing so out of control when he knows that the refs have it out for him and that our PK is horrendous.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Well , just went to post my GDT that I made Monday. Site said SECURITY ERROR OCCURRED

Now I see I have no option to create new threads here. I’d imagine some mod removed my posting privileges or god knows what here.

If that thread I created won’t post I’m not making a new one.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Yah , I have insufficient privileges to post threads here. Glad I wasted an hour making gdt the other night. Last time I make that mistake

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Foligno is a clown for playing so out of control when he knows that the refs have it out for him and that our PK is horrendous.
Not sure if this is sarcasm? I know people got mad at the result of his hits, but his hits have been pretty clean, and would have been positively impactful. He definitely tripped Faksa, but that's about all I can find to penalize him for. That he's been called for penalties on all of them has been a joke. It basically calls into question whether checking is even allowed in this series.

The Wild can't win this series if refs keep calling phantom penalties, their special teams aren't good enough for that, and they rely too much on physical play.

Yah , I have insufficient privileges to post threads here. Glad I wasted an hour making gdt the other night. Last time I make that mistake
That sucks, sorry. For what it's worth, I was actually pretty excited to see what you came up with.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Not sure if this is sarcasm? I know people got mad at the result of his hits, but his hits have been pretty clean, and would have been positively impactful. He definitely tripped Faksa, but that's about all I can find to penalize him for. That he's been called for penalties on all of them has been a joke. It basically calls into question whether checking is even allowed in this series.

The Wild can't win this series if refs keep calling phantom penalties, their special teams aren't good enough for that, and they rely too much on physical play.

That sucks, sorry. For what it's worth, I was actually pretty excited to see what you came up with.
It was probably just ok lol , I got a laugh out of it but whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad