Value of: Mini Rangers Firesale

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Barron at least plays part time C. Probably projects better as a wing though.
I guess. I just don’t see it though. If they were going to groom him as a C, he would be Anchoring his own line in Hartford as a 2 or 3 c so he could learn the position and start refining his skills. It’s very telling to me that they stuck him at wing and want him to get his minutes there. Especially if he gets a cup of coffee with the rangers this year, no doubt it will be at wing

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
They are the youngest team in the league in the division of death, they are4 points back of a playoff spot and with the exception of opening night, have been in every game. There should be no fire sale.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I really don’t think so. Disgruntled guys who carry a 10 mill cap hit for multiple years aren’t going to have a lot of dance partners. Even as good as Eichel is. Maybe Zibby is in the package going back with a prospect or 2 and perhaps a 1st. That hardly guts the rangers prospect stable that they have amassed for years. Especially now in the Covid cap era, there might only be 5-6 teams with the assets and long term cap room that can fit a Jack Eichel

Which is totally fine because no one in buffalo wants to trade Eichel anyways so lets cut this dance short shall we?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Which is totally fine because no one in buffalo wants to trade Eichel anyways so lets cut this dance short shall we?
We can put it hold until the end of the season and revisit it. It’s not going to be up to everyone in Buffalo when the Sabres fail to make the playoffs again, and their captain, who is already playing disinterested hockey and dragging his feet defensively forces a trade. Then we can revisit the situation. Sure

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
We can put it hold until the end of the season and revisit it. It’s not going to be up to everyone in Buffalo when the Sabres fail to make the playoffs again, and their captain, who is already playing disinterested hockey and dragging his feet defensively forces a trade. Then we can revisit the situation. Sure

Sure when the Sabres fail to make the playoffs again our GM's can talk it over on the golf course since the Rangers aren't sniffing the playoffs either so the condescension was kinda pointless in your rebuttle. I'm sure Jack will be chomping at the bit to force his way onto another non-playoff team smh....

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Rangers are in a turning point of a rebuild. They are the youngest team in the nhl with a top 3 prospect pool and depth at almost every position except center. Injuries might have cost us our shot at the playoffs, maybe not but the rangers are far ahead of where buffalo sits now. I’m sure Eichel would hate to have Panarin or LaF on his left and kakko to his right . I watch a lot of Sabres games. Eichel looks likes he’s had it. These 2 franchises are at far different points, even if both miss the playoffs

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Rangers are in a turning point of a rebuild. They are the youngest team in the nhl with a top 3 prospect pool and depth at almost every position except center. Injuries might have cost us our shot at the playoffs, maybe not but the rangers are far ahead where buffalo sits now. I’m sure Eichel would hate to have Panarin or LaF on his left and kakko to his right . I watch a lot of Sabres games. Eichel looks likes he’s had it. These 2 franchises are at far different points, even if both miss the playoffs
What are you giving up for Eichel?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
What are you giving up for Eichel?
Honestly who knows. Might not even be eichel. Could be barkov. I’d imagine it would be Zibby, prospect, prospect, 1st. It’s nothing I see happening until offseason at the earliest. Maybe at draft

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
This was always going to be a development year for the Rangers and I don’t think they should overreact to a poor season. Rangers get lots of bad money off the books this offseason.

Smith, 4.350
Lundqvist, 5.500–>1.500
Shattenkirk, 6.083–>1.433

13M in cap space is going to help a lot with shoring up depth and defence. This year is important as the young players get to see what they need to work on and management figures out which vets should stick around

Reactions: bernmeister

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Pointless in hindsight but imagine if they took Dach/Stutzle instead of the Laf/Kaakko. They'd be a nightmare to play against down the middle for the next 15 years

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pointless in hindsight but imagine if they took Dach/Stutzle instead of the Laf/Kaakko. They'd be a nightmare to play against down the middle for the next 15 years
There is not a single GM in the league, including the ones in Chicago and Ottawa, that would have taken Dach over Kakko and Stutzle over Lafreniere.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Prove it.

Dach wasn’t even the consensus 3rd best player in the draft that year. Everyone has Hughes and Kakko at 1 and 2 and some had Kakko at 1.
Did I hurt your feelings? Didn’t say it was for sure, just said I’m not sure Chicago would’ve went for kakko. Didn’t say anything bad about him either.

So how about you prove it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad