Value of: Mini Rangers Firesale

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I'd like Ryan Strome back in Edmonton at 50% - don't think it would work cap-wise this season.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Our young studs (Laf, Kakko, Fox, K'Andre Lindgren, Chytil), big time prospects (Kravtsov, Lundkvist), Panarin and Igor are off-limits.

Names available:

Zibanejad
Buchnevich
Smith
Kreider
Trouba
Jack Johnson (form an orderly queue)
Strome
Howden
DeAngelo (obviously)
Georgiev
Is it a real fire sale or would you want full value?

Reactions: Cogburn

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Rangers are going to give Zibanejad a massive contract as soon as this Summer. They don't have a choice.

Kreider and Trouba have Full NMCs. Neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

Everyone else make sense in isolation, but trading a Buchnevich or Strome would be a semi-retooling non-playoff team trading non-core pieces rather than the seemingly mythical firesale.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'd like Ryan Strome back in Edmonton at 50% - don't think it would work cap-wise this season.
You would? You plan on attaching him to McDavid or Draisaitl to make him look like a legit top 6 guy?

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Our young studs (Laf, Kakko, Fox, K'Andre Lindgren, Chytil), big time prospects (Kravtsov, Lundkvist), Panarin and Igor are off-limits.

Names available:

Zibanejad
Buchnevich
Smith
Kreider
Trouba
Strome
Howden
DeAngelo (obviously)
Georgiev

Give me an example of a deal from Philly that you would accept for:
Zibanejad
Krieder
Trouba
Strome

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Didn’t he already fail in that role in Edmonton?

He was okay at it. For some reason Chia traded him for more “supposed offense” in Ryan Spooner who was awful. Strome without the boat anchor Lucic would be a great 3C here.

Turris is garbage. And Haas is injured but he’s more of a 4C. And I’d rather not have Devin Shore as our 4C either.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yeah I'm sure he would be a slight upgrade over Turris but he needs an elite linemate to play with IMO.

I know his flaws. I don’t care if he scores much or not. Neal and Kassian would probably be his wingers. Those three could cycle and pot some garbage goals without being too defensively suspect. Or maybe Archibald to add speed to that line.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I'll take a shot at Mika Zibanejad to slide over to the wing...

To New York
Nick Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
2021 1st round pick
2022 3rd round pick

To Toronto
Mika Zibanejad (50% retained)

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
If 50% is being retained, you’re going to have to do better than this.

I think two 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd (essentially what that deal amounts to) is about as high as I'd be willing to go. Especially when you consider that Robertson would be a mid-to-high first in a re-draft, making it more like three 1sts and a 3rd, for a single year of retention.

If you need more than that it probably isn't a good match and I'm happy to move on.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Names available:

Zibanejad
Buchnevich
Smith
Kreider
Trouba
Strome
Howden
DeAngelo (obviously)
Georgiev

shouldn't we first give a legit coaching staff a shot at fixing this disaster?

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I think two 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd (essentially what that deal amounts to) is about as high as I'd be willing to go. Especially when you consider that Robertson would be a mid-to-high first in a re-draft, making it more like three 1sts and a 3rd, for a single year of retention.

If you need more than that it probably isn't a good match and I'm happy to move on.

Every trade offer I see with TML involves them trying to sell off Lilljigren. NYR are also stacked with D prospects.

Robertson is promising.

The 1st is good, but meh considering it’ll be a late 1st.

Saying this is 3 first rounders is a little disingenuous.

I would think NYR could do better especially if retaining.

Ledge And Dairy

He would probably go in the 1st in a redraft sure but it is way to early to say he is mid-to-high in a redraft. There are at least 15 players I still easily take before him at this stage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad