Value of: Mini Rangers Firesale

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Two top 100 prospects ( Lily 75 and Robertson 28) plus a first and third isn't enough?

What would the Rangers want in a rebuild then? Roster players?
I am not really sold on "Lily", and don't see where he really fits in with us. I am assuming you're referring to the Zibanejad offer? If so, we need a center that can play top 6 now as a starting point. A couple of year ago futures would be acceptable for our organization to stack. Not anymore. The "rebuild" is only a rebuild because we suck right now. We already acquired most of the prospects needed for a rebuild and filled most of the holes. At this point, the rebuild is gaining experience from our prospects, filling out our bottom defense pair, and acquiring another center who can play top 6/top 9 depending on where Chytil falls.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I am not really sold on "Lily", and don't see where he really fits in with us. I am assuming you're referring to the Zibanejad offer? If so, we need a center that can play top 6 now as a starting point. A couple of year ago futures would be acceptable for our organization to stack. Not anymore. The "rebuild" is only a rebuild because we suck right now. We already acquired most of the prospects needed for a rebuild and filled most of the holes. At this point, the rebuild is gaining experience form our prospects, filling out our bottom defense pair, and acquiring another center who can play top 6/top 9 depending on where Chytil falls.

Fair enough!

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Two top 100 prospects ( Lily 75 and Robertson 28) plus a first and third isn't enough?

There would absolutely have to be young roster players in a deal for Zibanejad. They’re not going to go completely backwards.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

Value isn't all that bad, but the problem is needs. Robertson is a LW and would be behind Panarin, Kreider, and presumably Laf in the depth chart. Liljegren is similar situation. Trouba & Fox are locked in our top 4 RD, and we have Lundkvist and Schenider knocking on the door. We have no use for him. I love the talent, but seeing how we are lacking center depth we cant trade our top center to trade for prospects at positions of strength/depth in our organization.

If Zibanejad is being traded, an A center prospect needs to be part of the return, otherwise what sense does it make for us?

Reactions: Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Value isn't all that bad, but the problem is needs. Robertson is a LW and would be behind Panarin, Kreider, and presumably Laf in the depth chart. Liljegren is similar situation. Trouba & Fox are locked in our top 4 RD, and we have Lundkvist and Schenider knocking on the door. We have no use for him. I love the talent, but seeing how we are lacking center depth we cant trade our top center to trade for prospects at positions of strength/depth in our organization.

If Zibanejad is being traded, an A center prospect needs to be part of the return, otherwise what sense does it make for us?

All very fair points.

Reactions: Barnaby

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Disingenuous.
He is being shopped b'c Kravtsov is imminent and Barron likely next yr.
Hence he is superfluous.
THAT is why he is being shopped.
If a deal makes mo sense now, why wait?
Kratsov is a wing, you are overvaluing Strome(hardly your first time doing that). You do realize that you are not the Ranger's GM, right?

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Can you tell me how many minutes Ryan Strome played with Tavares after Strome's first full season?
Can you tell me how many minutes Ryan Strome played with McDavid?

Yes, Ryan strome plays better with better players, in this case Panarin. Although, 1 game sample, the line of Kakko, Strome, Lafreniere was on fire.
I can tell you that he was traded by both teams for not living up to expectations. The same thing is going on here. You can look the info up and get back to me if you want to.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Those pesky top 6 C prospects...everyone wants em, no one is giving them up.
Id go a step further.
Most teams THINK they have a couple guys who can play in the top 6C role.
Almost all of them either show they cant cut it, or get moved to the wing.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I can tell you that he was traded by both teams for not living up to expectations. The same thing is going on here. You can look the info up and get back to me if you want to.
I already looked it up when Strome was traded from the Oilers. He exceeded our expectations if we're being honest. We're not trading him with intentions of fooling everybody into believing he's a 60 point line driver on his own. He's a center that can be acquired without teams breaking the asset bank, plugging him into their lineup to either play a bottom role or complement better wingers.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I already looked it up when Strome was traded from the Oilers. He exceeded our expectations if we're being honest. We're not trading him with intentions of fooling everybody into believing he's a 60 point line driver on his own. He's a center that can be acquired without teams breaking the asset bank, plugging him into their lineup to either play a bottom role or complement better wingers.
Not for what Bern is asking.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Not for what Bern is asking.
I didn't read it, but most things aren't close for what Bern is asking.

I don't think GM's are going to be "tossing away draft pick" happy like prior seasons. I can see a lot of teams holding back when it comes to first round / second round picks.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Our young studs (Laf, Kakko, Fox, K'Andre Lindgren, Chytil), big time prospects (Kravtsov, Lundkvist), Panarin and Igor are off-limits.

Names available:

Zibanejad
Buchnevich
Smith
Kreider
Trouba
Jack Johnson (form an orderly queue)
Strome
Howden
DeAngelo (obviously)
Georgiev

Zibanejad and Kreider for Pastrnak
and DeBrusk.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
IF cap fit, which it doesn't come even close,
otherwise...

Kreider + Lindgren
for
Broberg, Holoway + 1st + something small

but again cap is not remotely near even

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Krieder has a NMC. Think he would waive it for Edmonton? Lol

I doubt it and agree w/you, he likes NY too much.
But we have gone off OP core a bit and started to talk Zib, and I think someone also before had said CK.

My point being if we give up a primo piece, that's the kind of return we would look for, or it's not worth it.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
IF cap fit, which it doesn't come even close,
otherwise...

Kreider + Lindgren
for
Broberg, Holoway + 1st + something small

but again cap is not remotely near even

uhh
I don’t think you’d get Holloway alone for those 2 guys, lol

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
uhh
I don’t think you’d get Holloway alone for those 2 guys, lol

yea you would it’s a mid 1st round prospect
Rangers say no easily

@broc just being full contrarian to all things bernmeister.

Kreider would be hand in glove w/McD.
and w/Klef likely not returning, Lindgren fills immediate need.

Presumably for cap mgmt reasons, Broberg not yet on varsity. So Lindy adds immediate help at LD.
Holloway is future.

Again, just spitballin as to value
CK likes it here too much

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
What if I told you I’d be happy to take Jack Johnson off your hands, Is that something you might be interested in?

What if I told you I’d be willing to send a first back in return, is that something you might be interested in?

If you said yes to the above do I have a deal for you!

Panthers get:
Johnson
Kreider
Georgiev

Rangers get:
1st Round 2022
Borgstrom
2 x Vezina winner Bobrovsky :naughty:

Reactions: UnSandvich

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
What if I told you I’d be happy to take Jack Johnson off your hands, Is that something you might be interested in?

What if I told you I’d be willing to send a first back in return, is that something you might be interested in?

If you said yes to the above do I have a deal for you!

Panthers get:
Johnson
Kreider
Georgiev

Rangers get:
1st Round 2022
Borgstrom
2 x Vezina winner Bobrovsky :naughty:

You guys are giving up too much, friend. We would not dream of taking your star goalie from you. Fear not however, you can remove him from the deal without issue, and we shall agree once you have.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad