GDT: "Mile High vs 3 Apples High" Jan-2nd 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Poolman will be out, Buff will get 3rd D pairing with IceMan
That's too bad. Not sure how Chairot has jumped past Poolman on the depth chart since the start of the year. I get right side vs left but give Poolman a few games on the left with Buff, I think the kid would do just fine, he would not only adjust well but probably thrive playing with Buff.

Reactions: Maxfli and Guerzy

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That's too bad. Not sure how Chairot has jumped past Poolman on the depth chart since the start of the year. I get right side vs left but give Poolman a few games on the left with Buff, I think the kid would do just fine, he would not only adjust well but probably thrive playing with Buff.

I like Poolman more than Chiarot for sure but PMo will stick with his known entity.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Since I made my bold 6-2-2 prediction for a 10game stretch we are 3-0-0 I wonder what will happen tonight?

Reactions: D1G

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Some Good Buff Moments

LOL, there is no one in the League that could do half of those things other than Buff.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i think you look at Poolman having a higher ceiling so you want to give him some tastes.
let's not lie to ourselves. Chiarot's playing some pretty good hockey all things considering (all things being his skill level). i haven't been wowwed by Poolman's game so far. still has a lot to learn. he's playing "hanging in there" hockey and hasn't been as solid in his zone as i'd like. happy he got a taste, and now back to the A for some work.

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
Yeah but look what happened last time we forced a young rising star to play on their off wing/side....

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
i think you look at Poolman having a higher ceiling so you want to give him some tastes.
let's not lie to ourselves. Chiarot's playing some pretty good hockey all things considering (all things being his skill level). i haven't been wowwed by Poolman's game so far. still has a lot to learn. he's playing "hanging in there" hockey and hasn't been as solid in his zone as i'd like. happy he got a taste, and now back to the A for some work.

Except he won't go to the A, he will go to the pressbox if he's not on the ice until Enstrom comes back.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Yeah but look what happened last time we forced a young rising star to play on their off wing/side....

Very much not the same situation. Poolman isn't good enough yet to surplant Buff, Myers and Trouba on the right side. Trouba was. (not that I condone how Trouba did it)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

It seems that (on paper) Buff usually improves his partners performance. Poolman's one LHD game was a stinker for the Jets most of the team looked bad and that was with Myers during his shaking of the rust / tire fire stretch.

Let Poolman play 2 or 3 games with Buff and I would assume that he would look good there and give us some better play then Ben. Poolman's up to be resigned this off season so it would be good to know what we have in him and to make sure he likes playing here.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Happy its only -15 today so my bus ride home won't be so brutal, excited for this game with the way the Jets have been playing without Scheifs has been very pleasant and I do have a lot of respect for the Avs as everyone wrote them off to start the season yet they have produced a solid first half and continue to surprise. This game could be very close, both teams are young, fast and exciting, hoping for a Jets win. 5-4 Smurfpeg win over the Gargamel's of Denver.

Gargamel%2Brunning.gif

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Love the GDT theme!

Here's a random sonnet, to be slathered on liberally:

O thou, my lovely squad, who in this hour
Dost control Time's fickle pucks, his strength, and power;
Who hast by scoring grown, and also show'st
Thy mastery of smothering D as thy sweet self grow'st;
And in thy Nature, exert sovereign mastery o’er the Avs,
As thou goest onwards, will forecheck thee back,
Wheels keeps thee to this purpose, that his skill
May time not disgrace and wretched minutes kill.
And not fear MacKinnon, and even lo! - transform him;
To thou minion of your pleasure.
Helle Boy may detain, yea verily still keep, his puckish treasures:
Our second line’s audit, though delay'd, answer'd must be,
And Little’s quietus explode to render thee.

Last edited:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
It seems that (on paper) Buff usually improves his partners performance. Poolman's one LHD game was a stinker for the Jets most of the team looked bad and that was with Myers during his shaking of the rust / tire fire stretch.

Let Poolman play 2 or 3 games with Buff and I would assume that he would look good there and give us some better play then Ben. Poolman's up to be resigned this off season so it would be good to know what we have in him and to make sure he likes playing here.

you know what you have in Poolman.
you have a guy that needs more seasoning and that doesn't have to happen when your team's in a legit top seed hunt.
right now, i'd choose Chiarot over Poolman based on current play. and you know that Enstrom and Myers are made of balsa wood and chewing gum, so that means that Poolman will be back up within a month.
Let him take some of the things he struggles at and work on it with the Moose

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
you know what you have in Poolman.
you have a guy that needs more seasoning and that doesn't have to happen when your team's in a legit top seed hunt.
right now, i'd choose Chiarot over Poolman based on current play. and you know that Enstrom and Myers are made of balsa wood and chewing gum, so that means that Poolman will be back up within a month.
Let him take some of the things he struggles at and work on it with the Moose

It looks like lots of his struggles as you say.. Are because hes playing with Chiarot

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Great GDT! :thumbu:
Last year's Avs had several players with career worst seasons in the same year. This year's look to be the exact opposite with some of those same players having career best seasons. Looks like MacKinnon has arrived as expected.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I don't want to be a bad spirit. GDT and the OP with his insight are artistically great and sincere, representing true art (as far as it can go in this context). Truly. However, Winnipeg Jets is NOT Smurp, and that hidden, between lines hubris makes me uneasy...

Without underlining said above, I hope I'll be wrong.

I don't want eat those mushrooms (anymore). ;)

Go Jets Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad