GDT: Mild @ Abes | 7:30pm MT 1:57am ESPN Time | Non-Emergency Emergency GDT

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Don't forget 21, who might be the best of them all. That said, 29 and 96 are right up there with the GOATs in Avs lore
21 might have been the greatest player of all of them (if you expand it beyond time in an Avs/Nords sweater though it’s 33) but it’s the longevity of greatness and legacy with the Avs that puts 19 at the front

Before this year I thought only 8 had a chance to make that a conversation one day but 29 has made it interesting this season

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Don't forget 21, who might be the best of them all. That said, 29 and 96 are right up there with the GOATs in Avs lore

For sure, they’re all up there. 8 will be tough to top when it’s all said and done imo.

Roy is held back by only having half a career as an Av. If he played his whole career in Colorado, he would be clear top guy right now.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
MacK is a f***ing beast. Can’t be said enough.

I don't think it's a question, Nathan MacKinnon will go down as the greatest Avalanche skater of all time UNLESS Cale Makar goes nuts over the next several years.

If Makar keeps playing like he has this season, he'll obviously be a top five player all time for this franchise but MacKinnon IMO has firmly entered 19/21 status.
He has passed 21 for me, and I mean that with all due respect to Foppa.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Makar is likely going to rank higher up the all-time defenceman rankings than MacKinnon will forwards.

His ‘down year’ is going to end with a Norris nomination and 90+ points. He’s got a lot of runway left in his career. Still don’t think I’ve seen a defenceman quite like Cale Makar.

That said, MacK has done a ton for his legacy this year. Especially if he can close the deal to end the regular season and playoffs. Without a doubt I think he deserves to be mentioned up there with Foppa and Joe.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Maybe Bednar should try:

Drouin - Mack - Lehky
Nuke - Mitts - Mikko

For next game.
Yes I'm hoping a performance like this sans Mikko opens Bednar's eyes to a few more possibilities.Thankfully Drouin is playing lights out and showing he can ride shotgun just fine.

The two towers next to Mitts is the perfect position for him to succeed. This kind of thing is why I saw Mikko's injury as a blessing in disguise, because Bednar is one stubborn man.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't think it's a question, Nathan MacKinnon will go down as the greatest Avalanche skater of all time UNLESS Cale Makar goes nuts over the next several years.

If Makar keeps playing like he has this season, he'll obviously be a top five player all time for this franchise but MacKinnon IMO has firmly entered 19/21 status.
If we were to compare them to Superheros, MacKinnon would be like the Punshier for me, a total anti-hero with a bulldog mentality in a crazy tough body.

Makar and McDavid are more elegent, more Mozart or Tchaikovsky to MacKinnon's Beethoven. I would consider both superior skaters to Nate, like the superhero who is mostly perfect all the time; Superman. That doesn't mean MacKinnon is bad or less, he makes up for it in a different way like bullying through people at times. I am not sure why people keep saying he's a douche, I met the bloke and he was nice. Not O'Reilly level nice, but nice, Duchene was the worst player I met IMHO, he's the real Danny Heatley effin' All-Star persona.

Reactions: katfude

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Man, Drouins start with us versus where hes at now is juat crazy.

- 1G, 2 Assists, -3, playing ~12 minutes a night in his first 15 games.

-8G, 12 Assists, +14, playing ~20 minutes a night including at least 20:47 in his last 9 straight games.

The switch flipped for him sometime in November and he has been absolutely unbelievable for us ever since, and only getting better the more Bednar uses him.

Absolutely need to find a way to re-sign him.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014

-8G, 12 Assists, +14, playing ~20 minutes a night including at least 20:47 in his last 9 straight games.

The switch flipped for him sometime in November and he has been absolutely unbelievable for us ever since, and only getting better the more Bednar uses him.

Yeah, I honestly don’t think his overall point total is reflective of how good he’s been. Because it’s like nothing happened for him in the first 15 games of the year.

He is thinking the game at a lighting fast pace right now. So fast, that sometimes teammates aren’t even ready for the passes.

The facts that he’s actually a puck-hound now too is crazy.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I'd put him in the 19/21 category too, and I don't say that lightly.

It's not just the point totals, but the way he can dominate games. That's what made Forsberg special. You just can't do anything to stop him when he plays like he did tonight.

Great interview after the game too. He's really become a true leader for this team.

Reactions: dahrougem2

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
If we were to compare them to Superheros, MacKinnon would be like the Punshier for me, a total anti-hero with a bulldog mentality in a crazy tough body.

Makar and McDavid are more elegent, more Mozart or Tchaikovsky to MacKinnon's Beethoven. I would consider both superior skaters to Nate, like the superhero who is mostly perfect all the time; Superman. That doesn't mean MacKinnon is bad or less, he makes up for it in a different way like bullying through people at times. I am not sure why people keep saying he's a douche, I met the bloke and he was nice. Not O'Reilly level nice, but nice, Duchene was the worst player I met IMHO, he's the real Danny Heatley effin' All-Star persona.
Who said MacKinnon was a douche? He seems like a pretty alright dude.

I also met O'Reilly though and in my experience he was in fact a very nice guy. All I wanted was to say hello but he was the one that actually extended the conversation.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

I think you underestimate Makar a lot.

I would bet Makar going down as the best player in the history.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

True. He is finally reaching his potential.

Who said MacKinnon was a douche? He seems like a pretty alright dude.

I also met O'Reilly though and in my experience he was in fact a very nice guy. All I wanted was to say hello but he was the one that actually extended the conversation.
Being ultra competitive can come of as a douche sometimes.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
dance-dances.gif

Good thing we have THIS guy tho ...

200w.gif

And yeah, JD looks like a keeper. Hopefully we find a way to do so!

724729-7b0d627d581d9c470d434ef27e4191cd.jpg

Pretty sure he's feeling the same.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad