Player Discussion Milan Lucic V.2.0

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
No such thing as too long when you have cap retention and so many ways to move a player in the final years.

Worth the cap hit this season for sure.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
A few members of this board have a problem with short memories.

Just remember that this is the kind of swing you get out of Lucic in big game situations, not in ~November when they've got 5 months of hockey to go before playoffs.

Marc08

Mar 17, 2006
Awesome performance by Milan Lucic. Hat-trick, Natural hat-trick, and a fight. It would've been the ultimate performance if he had an assist.

Makes me wonder....did anyone achieved all three possible hat-tricks (Hat-trick, Natural hat-trick, and Gordie Howe hat-trick) in a same NHL game?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
A few members of this board have a problem with short memories.

Just remember that this is the kind of swing you get out of Lucic in big game situations, not in ~November when they've got 5 months of hockey to go before playoffs.

no **** really! you just realise that now?

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Amazing change, He was crap for the first 50 games though. Well deserved criticism then. Good for the team he is on form now.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
still too long.

by "too long", do you mean the term is not ideal, or do you mean we should not have signed him?

if the former, I agree with you, but not the latter.

still say, if we get 3 good seasons out of him, 2 decent, and the last two he's an anchor..... worth it.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Still love it, he's only 28. I was a big fan of him during his Boston days so I was pretty excited when he signed. A little disappointed him and McD couldn't work. Curious to see what kind of intensity he brings during the postseason, he has a good playoff record, with two finals (one cup).

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Also worth nothing that Lucic is 26th in LW scoring from mostly 2nd line minutes. Add in that he brings an element no other top 6 forward in the league can replicate, as well as cup experience and veteran leadership, it was absolutely a solid signing.

How long did we beg to have someone who can stand in front of the net and outmuscle the D for a goal?

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
Also worth nothing that Lucic is 26th in LW scoring from mostly 2nd line minutes. Add in that he brings an element no other top 6 forward in the league can replicate, as well as cup experience and veteran leadership, it was absolutely a solid signing.

How long did we beg to have someone who can stand in front of the net and outmuscle the D for a goal?

Outmuscle? Most D don't even go near Lucic!

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
There shoulda been poll options for people who changed their minds.

I'm much happier with the deal then I was during the Christmas break, for example.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I was hoping you would have the stones to admit you were wrong, but that's kind of like hoping for world peace, a nice idea, but it just ain't happenin'

maybe you should crawl out from under your rock once in awhile..
that happened months ago, ...surprised your infatuation with me didn't have you stalk my older posts....
now you can go away agfain and hide.

Oct 15, 2008
maybe you should crawl out from under your rock once in awhile..
that happened months ago, ...surprised your infatuation with me didn't have you stalk my older posts....
now you can go away agfain and hide.

This guy cried after every game how bad Lucic was, what a horrible contract, yadda, yadda....... someone calls him out on it and he calls them a troll.....

Its quite sad actually.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
This guy cried after every game how bad Lucic was, what a horrible contract, yadda, yadda....... someone calls him out on it and he calls them a troll.....

Its quite sad actually.

I voiced concern when he was bad, ...and he was when I posted at the time.
sorry if your feelings get hurt when someone questions the play of your favourite player...grow a thicker skin if you're on a message board.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Lucic did have some very poor stretches this season, but judgement should have always been reserved for the stretch run and playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad