Player Discussion Milan Lucic - Renaissance Man

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
1 goal in his last 42 games played.

What happened?
Taken off the 2nd PP unit. A few trades also permanently stapled him to the 4th line.

He still hits, brings energy, and does veteran stuff but he's in his proper role now.

He also brings an unmatched style game.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He had a good game.

The shift where he got back and knocked the puck off the Nucks stick, then got to the other end and nearly set up a goal.

I'd have him on my team next year at 1.3 to 1.7. Seriously. He's an intimidating presence to have on our roster.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He had a good game.

The shift where he got back and knocked the puck off the Nucks stick, then got to the other end and nearly set up a goal.

I'd have him on my team next year at 1.3 to 1.7. Seriously. He's an intimidating presence to have on our roster.

He’s a good guy to have.
The issue has been the cap hit. If you had him for sub 2 million; he’d be incredibly valuable. The issue is how much money he demands, and the fact they seem unwilling to give him rest days. If this guy played 65-70 games a year, was paid appropriately, no one would have issues.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Looch showed some life after being horrendous for at least a couple months

Maybe he knows something lol

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
Looch is just the type of guy to get to hard areas in the playoffs and find himself in a position to bang a couple key goals in in a series. Wouldn’t surprise me, and if he does, this current dry spell he’s stuck in won’t matter one bit. I’m pulling for him

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
1651115874320.jpeg

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I have feelings about this.

interesting article , as they pointed out he's never a liability on the ice so it might be an opportunity to approach things from a different angle . Maybe offer him the 2.25 x 2 they suggested and then offer 6 million total over 3 or 4 years his choice . It's his last deal so if he wants to quit sooner he can take the 2 year or 3 year options but if he wants to keep playing he can really help the team with the AAV and take the 4 year option . Any option he picks he is worth having in the room and he works his butt of every shift so you can't call him useless .

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Flames really need to set a ceiling on how much the can pay a guy like Lucic. Can't survive the expensive contracts on the team by giving out contracts up to 1 mil in worth above what the guy provides on ice

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Flames really need to set a ceiling on how much the can pay a guy like Lucic. Can't survive the expensive contracts on the team by giving out contracts up to 1 mil in worth above what the guy provides on ice
2.25M is probably double what we should pay him tbh

Yeah as much as everyone likes Lucic, 2.25M is too much. Give him 1M or send him on his way.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Dude would be a legend of he took a deal equivalent to the salary retention Edmonton did on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad