Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We need Angry Koivu more often...
The Wild wouldn't even have to pay me. Just give me access, and I guarantee he'll be screaming fire by the start of every game. He may file a restraining order and ask for a trade, but the point is, he'll be ticked off and ready to play. Heck, Russo could have that side job. Koivu already hates him!

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Koivu has been awesome the last several weeks. Shades of old Mikko. That spin around snipe that he had the other night? Straight out of 2008. I don't know what changed but I love it. He's been the only good center on the team since October.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
For sure. Koivu has been playing his best hockey in 4 or 5 years. Like others have said, someone needs to get him angry before each game. Put a thumb tack inside his skate or something.

J22*

Anyone else find it disturbing it took a teammate's career ending injury to get Koivu engaged and playing well?

What I find disturbing is anyone thinking Koivu just started playing well last week.

I think Yeo may have been speaking directly to you when he said -

“It’s very unfair,†Yeo said. “I know the way the brain works is you see what you want to see. What you believe is quite often what you’re going to see. If you think he’s not playing well, then you’re going to miss the five good things he does and you’re going to see the one bad thing. That’s the way the human mind works.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Anyone else find it disturbing it took a teammate's career ending injury to get Koivu engaged and playing well?

Nope, but I find it disturbing how everything Koivu related must be given a negative spin regardless of what it is.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
Nope, but I find it disturbing how everything Koivu related must be given a negative spin regardless of what it is.

This. He's been outstanding for a a month or two now, but people still go out of their way to whine about him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MK still bringing it 2 months later. I have been hard on him in the past, but am satisfied with his play now.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Good news is that it might be the first time Koivu hasn't been injured in a season in a while (Well minus the lockout), bad news is that he's on pace for his worse PPG since his rookie season. Meh.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Good news is that it might be the first time Koivu hasn't been injured in a season in a while (Well minus the lockout), bad news is that he's on pace for his worse PPG since his rookie season. Meh.

You realize the Wild are 12-2-2 in their last 16 games right? Do you think you can find anything positive to say about them in that run? MAYBE?

They've scored 3.06 goals per game in that run as well... last I checked, anything over 3 is considered damn good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad