Speculation: Mike Smith vs The Field

Should we bring back Smith or pick up someone else?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The cycle continues...who is the next washup? I bet Howard next year.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If nothing else Talbot's rebound control is far better than Smith's. And although Talbot's puck handling isn't as good, he's definitely above average league wise.

I find Talbot looks like a good goalie who plays bad and Smith looks like a bad goalie who plays bad so maybe he can bounce back

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
Did Smith even want to sign here again? Granted he was cheered on as a hero through the playoffs, during most of the regular season the fans were pretty hard on him. It also felt like he still wanted to play a 50+ game workload but the Flames were not willing to give it to him. He probably feels Edmonton is a good stop as he has a chance to play 50+ next year, whereas, here Rittich has been picked as the man this coming season.

I think Smith is a good pick up for the Oilers if they can keep his games down and he doesn't injure himself. I personally, think Smith still has it, his poor start last year was from the rust of his previous injury. He only improved throughout the season. The question is for how much longer and the Flames decided that the risk was better with the Talbot reclamation project.

Looking forward to the Talbot era, the Flames play a more structured game that could help him regain his form. It would be a great pick up for us if he recovers.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad