Waived: Mike Ribeiro

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Ribs is at least a known quantity. I'd fear the unknown parent more than the known.

The unknown parent has undergone a screening process as well.

So you would fear the unknown, which has a very high percentage of being OK instead of someone with a track record like Ribeiro?

Star struck much?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The unknown parent has undergone a screening process as well.

So you would fear the unknown, which has a very high percentage of being OK instead of someone with a track record like Ribeiro?

Star struck much?

I have no idea what in the world you're talking about with the star struck comment.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I have no idea what in the world you're talking about with the star struck comment.

Would you overlook behavior similar to Ribeiro's in another coach? If not, then you are allowing someone to coach your child because he was an NHLer.

(If you describe someone as starstruck, you mean that they are very interested in and impressed by famous performers, or that they want to be a performer themselves.)

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
One thing you can say about Ribeiro is despite all the demons he apparently was battling, the guy could flat out produce.

In his 3 years with the Preds (209 games) he averaged 0.66 pts per game. That is only slightly less than Johansen’s numbers since joining the Preds- 0.74 pts per game.

Even in his last year here when he was apparently on a downward spiral, he was still on pace for a 45 point season.

He averaged like 61 points a season or something over his career, which is a 1st liner on most teams. He was good, but just a train wreck off the ice at least in Montreal anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad