Waived: Mike Ribeiro

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think it was more that the team is finally coming together and he didn't want his attitude in the locker room. My guess is he made some quick calls, no one bit so they just said the hell with it.

Him being benched was Lavi being tired of poor defense and needing to work around him in the face off circle. I think he also tried to get him going when he scratched him those games earlier, nothing changed and he had enough.

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
The sports on the news played a clip of Lavy and he said Ribeiro was disappointed to be out of a top 6 role and didn't want to finish the year as the healthy scratch.

I thought he was in a top 6 role?

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
The sports on the news played a clip of Lavy and he said Ribeiro was disappointed to be out of a top 6 role and didn't want to finish the year as the healthy scratch.

I thought he was in a top 6 role?

Can't quite understand the "disappointed" line. If you're playing well enough, you're going to get all the time you want. If things aren't going well, look in the mirror Mike.

That said, thanks for your time here and good luck.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Dude may just want to play, and his logic may be that if reports then maybe someone will feel better about his past attitude issues.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
If he wants to play he'll go to Milwaukee. If not he stays in the press box or retires. Poile could still trade him but have to take a useless player back or retain salary to just get rid of him.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
will be interesting to see if we assign him to Milwaukee. I can't imagine he would report.

It is a big city with a decent arena and a good fan base. It is not like being sent to Elmira or Smolensk.

If he doesn't like it, he can retire. Or he can help the Admirals win the Calder Cup. They are in second place in their 8 team division. They definitely have a chance.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Well at least no one can complain about not getting anything in trade value for him. I have to admit I've been one of the biggest rib haters around and even I'm surprised someone somewhere didn't take a chance on him.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If he wants to play he'll go to Milwaukee. If not he stays in the press box or retires. Poile could still trade him but have to take a useless player back or retain salary to just get rid of him.

According to the Admirals Roundtable, Ribeiro was at the Admirals practice this morning. He said that he wants the team to win. That is all that I need to hear.

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
According to the Admirals Roundtable, Ribeiro was at the Admirals practice this morning. He said that he wants the team to win. That is all that I need to hear.

I think he wants to win at the bank and keep collecting the rest of that $7 million.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
That was actually a good chat there. He sounds pretty happy from the audio. Maybe he will be more humble now, even though he says he always tries to be humble anyways. And more importantly, if he does stay in Milwaukee until the end of the season maybe he can pass along some good habits or ideas to the kids there

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008

And according to Milwaukeeadmirals.com and @mkeadmirals, you wouldnt even know he was on the team! (Other than the roster form that gets pulled from theahl.com)

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Saw Ribiero was -2 in his Admirals debut, a 1-4 loss to Cleveland. Played on a line with Gaudreau and Florek

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Saw Ribiero was -2 in his Admirals debut, a 1-4 loss to Cleveland. Played on a line with Gaudreau and Florek

That line started the first and second periods. It seemed to be the French-Canadian line with Oligny and Carrier on defense. Ribiero played okay with his new team. He avoided being involved in a near line brawl. He made a few good passes.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
What ever happened to Mike Ribeiro. He just kind of fell off the face of the earth. Even though his career w/ us is done, hope he is okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad